• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to stretch jeans?

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gt88
Ive got a pair of skinny leg jeans that are so tight around my groin and quad areas. They are my favouritre pair of jeans and I badly want to wear the again. What's the best way to stretch jeans?

In the Good Old Days - to stretch or shrink jeans we used to put them on and sit in a warm bath for 10 minutes then walk o run or whatever around in them until they dry.

ubc121

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
In the Good Old Days - to stretch or shrink jeans we used to put them on and sit in a warm bath for 10 minutes then walk o run or whatever around in them until they dry.

Say I that and took them off before they were completely dry then what would happen?

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think everyone should learn the difference between snug and too tight

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
This is the coolest posting I've seen on the subject. He created a mechanical jeans stretcher using compression clamps and PVC pipes....

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=2677924

I suppose you could make a smaller version and use it to stretch the thighs too.

i know some people probably think its stupid, but i think this is a great idea, as it seems like whenever i buy jeans, either i can have the waist right, but have the legs too baggy, or get the legs nice and slim with a too-tight waist. i have wide hips though, plus i like my pants to be loose in the waistband, so this makes it difficult to buy jeans to get the perfect fit.

herzzreh

Reaction score
ignore

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics