• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viccel.com socks

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by i killed judas.
Any new news on patterned socks? (Stripes, argyle, etc etc)

Just curious before I place my order

Sample productions are being tested. Will let you know when they are ready.

Tarlee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Can someone give approximate measurements from the heel to the cuff for the mid-calves? I have no interest in knee-high socks.

They're not too long at all. Tape show inches.
snapshot-1265271493.215738.jpg

Tarlee

Reaction score
My only disappointment is that after only a few wears the sock pictured above has a small hole in the centre of the large toe (that is, at the edge of the toe nail but not at either of its ends). My toe nails are not unduly long or sharp but they are hard. I'm thinking it might be the thin sock rubbing between the toenail and the toe box. Maybe a question over durability, maybe a one-off.

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarlee
My only disappointment is that after only a few wears the sock pictured above has a small hole in the centre of the large toe (that is, at the edge of the toe nail but not at either of its ends). My toe nails are not unduly long or sharp but they are hard. I'm thinking it might be the thin sock rubbing between the toenail and the toe box. Maybe a question over durability, maybe a one-off.

How many pairs did you receive ? hope you are happy with other pairs.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have this problem with a few socks - that are otherwise in good nick. Unfortunately I no longer know anyone who can do good darning. I have no real objection to a small darn in a toe of a sock. After all only my tailor, the shoe store and the ambulance driver need see them.

Were I to have an intimate dalliance with an acquaintance I had only known for a few hours I feel confident that I can remove socks surreptitiously when I remove shoes.

And I suspect a person who might dally after only such a brief friendship is possibly not a person who would inspect ones socks and shoes for signs of neglect or couture.

My favourite two pairs of blue clock socks need a good darning. I haven't seen clock socks available for years. Does anyone know where you can get them? In Melbourne?

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
Were I to have an intimate dalliance with an acquaintance I had only known for a few hours I feel confident that I can remove socks surreptitiously when I remove shoes.

And I suspect a person who might dally after only such a brief friendship is possibly not a person who would inspect ones socks and shoes for signs of neglect or couture.

Well played
worship.gif

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score

I think you are bussy to post here. As long as your mail I understand that you happy with 10 pairs of socks. Also your happiness can be understood by your new order contains 17 pairs.

Thanks for your mail with kind words.

Hi again Kemal,

I just saw your PM on Styleforum. I post there as Tarlee.

I received the socks a little less than three weeks ago. I am very happy with them and have ordered more.

I don't see this as a major issue. I have worn the claret socks maybe five times (they are my favourites). It would be a problem if it happens with the other socks as I wear them more but for now I hope it's just a one-off. Nothing's perfect. This could just be bad luck. Also I will trim my toe nail a little more to ensure that it has not caused the hole.

I really am impressed with your socks and very pleased with your excellent customer service and your concern in this matter.
Let's just see how things go.

You should be busy working on wool-silk socks in mid-calf. I will be among your first customers.

best wishes,
J....

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KemalOnyurt
Sample productions are being tested. Will let you know when they are ready.

Any idea how long till the patterns and stripes will be. I am not a fan of solid socks. I like to use socks for color.

Max MY

Reaction score
I received my first two pairs of mid-calf socks this week and I love them.

They are so comfortable. The top seemed slightly loose, but I walked ten hours today and they stayed up. I don't understand how they do it.

The best socks I can find locally are 80% mercerized cotton and 20% synthetic. At the end of a long day, I'd pull my feet out of my shoes and they'd have a wet and "yuck" feel. The Viccel socks were only slightly damp and still felt fresh.

Finally, I had a little problem with the colour of my order so I sent Kemal an email. I'm looking at my inbox and... he solved it in 11 minutes. Unbelievable response time and a very solid belief in customer satisfaction.

I'm sold.

goldknots

Reaction score
Ordered mines on the 28th of January and still haven't received them, take this long for anyone else ? (I'm in NY)

FPMBAT

Reaction score
I ordered mine on Jan 26th and I am still waiting also in NY. It must just take a while with customs, etc.

Skyro

Reaction score
Are there going to be the full range of colors for the wool/silk blends like there is for the cotton versions in the future?

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Skyro
Are there going to be the full range of colors for the wool/silk blends like there is for the cotton versions in the future?
Yes there will be new colors in wool/silk I think this week new colors and mid-calf socks will be available. I want to inform you that we have added Tan and Orange colors to mercerized cotton section.
Originally Posted by Another New Yorker
What are the odds some argyle or stripes gets thrown into the mix? Any other subtle patterns?
Yes we do want to produce patterned socks too, really sorry cant give any date for now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads