• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eating lunch at work is lame, what should I do?

Skip87

Reaction score
I decided that I'm going to start making and bringing my own lunch for work instead of going out and making poor food choices everyday. The only problem with bringing my own lunch is that I don't like eating in the office. I like to maximize my time outside of the office, get some air and take in sunlight. What should I do? What do you guys do?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go out and not make poor food choices.

Usually I don't eat, though.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Skip87
I decided that I'm going to start making and bringing my own lunch for work instead of going out and making poor food choices everyday. The only problem with bringing my own lunch is that I don't like eating in the office. I like to maximize my time outside of the office, get some air and take in sunlight. What should I do? What do you guys do?
You live in San Jose. Eat it outside on a bench or in your car with the windows down.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
You live in San Jose. Eat it outside on a bench or in your car with the windows down.
++. Preferably the bench....I've always found the car thing a little weird for some reason. Seems antisocial.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to eat, drink and smoke on the sidewalk of my workplace. I'm weird though.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually eat my lunch in ~10 minutes and then go outside for the other 50 minutes.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just eat a spinach salad, half a bagel with 1 tbs peanut butter, some yogurt, and half a dozen prunes.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crawl under your desk, eat, read high fantasy books, play ambient music.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i choose a bench outside with noone around. lunch is usually "me" time. I used to go home for lunch and watch conan (when they replayed it on comedy central)

Prince

Reaction score
Just eat at your desk and then go out for a walk. This is what I normally do.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
God damn, you people get an hour for lunch?
+1. The only time I take an hour is when I have a lunch meeting or having lunch with someone. More often than not, I eat quickly at my desk while still working.

msza

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Eating outside on a bench or picnic table sounds like the obvious solution.

Also, you dont have to pick between going out for lunch everyday, or bringing your lunch everyday. You can go out every other day, for example, and cut your poor food choices in half.

Hartmann

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
God damn, you people get an hour for lunch?

Last year I had 1.5 hrs for lunch.

I often took naps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads