• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Love the clean dial on your Reverso - is that a Grande Taille? Details, pls.

Not many details to add. It is but a simple Reverso GT.
I still haven't got around to having something engraved on it so the back is plain.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not many fans of the watch here but I got a new gummy croco strap for the Hublot.
3010.jpg

1510.jpg

3110.jpg

512.jpg

1410.jpg

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Not many fans of the watch here but I got a new gummy croco strap for the Hublot.

I'm not a fan, but as long as you like it, that's all that counts.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of all the Big Bangs, I think that one is probably the most interesting. It's very conceptual obviously but I thought it was executed well when I saw it IRL. The rose gold/carbon fiber versions may be ont he other end of the taste spectrum.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can see this watch being perfect for lots of different fashion attire, say what SoCal often wears. It's not my taste in watches, but I think it'll complement certain fashion looks very well.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Grand Seiko at its best:

p10401551024x768.jpg

The sleeper in fine watches. I would love one of these for the collection...

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bill Smith
The sleeper in fine watches. I would love one of these for the collection...

Me, too. Unfortunately, it's selling for over $3k these days. Without going to Asia, you're not going to get much of a discount on it. There are too many other watches I'd rather get for just a little more.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wheres the Rollies?

Old picture. The Rolex herd has been thinned.
roli.jpg

But this has been added.
gmtip3.jpg

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^You have quite a collection of nice watches. I really enjoy seeing them, so please keeping posting pics.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I'm not a fan, but as long as you like it, that's all that counts.
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I love the watch one way or the other. I'm not crazy enough to pay that much for someone else to like.

Originally Posted by zippyh
Old picture. The Rolex herd has been thinned.

But this has been added.

I still love that GMT IIC and Explorer. So what is left in your Rollie collection?
And if you ever consider letting the Explorer I go, hollah at me dawg!
laugh.gif

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
^^^You have quite a collection of nice watches. I really enjoy seeing them, so please keeping posting pics.

I think I've actually posted all the images before in this thread.
1024image015jl1.jpg

1024image001dp2.jpg

1024image009yq3.jpg

1024image018xy9.jpg

gstalarm.jpg

bigpilotsd6.jpg

1200image002ej9.jpg

1200image007gs0.jpg

cosmonaute.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I love the watch one way or the other. I'm not crazy enough to pay that much for someone else to like.

I still love that GMT IIC and Explorer. So what is left in your Rollie collection?
And if you ever consider letting the Explorer I go, hollah at me dawg!
laugh.gif

Still got the Daytona on strap, Seadweller, GMT I, GMT II, Yachtmaster, Exp I. I used to have a Exp II white dial that I really regret parting with.

Oh yeah, congrats on the new shoes for your Big Bang. The BB doesn't really do anything for me but that doesn't matter. I know my tastes aren't to everyone's liking. For reasons that are unclear to me this is one of my favorites. I can certainly imagine it not appealing to everyone.

rootbeer.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Still got the Daytona on strap, Seadweller, GMT I, GMT II, Yachtmaster, Exp I. I used to have a Exp II white dial that I really regret parting with.

Oh yeah, congrats on the new shoes for your Big Bang. The BB doesn't really do anything for me but that doesn't matter. I know my tastes aren't to everyone's liking. For reasons that are unclear to me this is one of my favorites. I can certainly imagine it not appealing to everyone.

I actually like that one, has a bronze like dial? One of the two two-tones I like is the ss/gold GMT IIC (the other is the J12 Superlegerra) so i could see myself liking that one.

And I completely forgot all the IWC's you own too.
worship.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads