• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Sartorialist Looks

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
2010_02_jeffrey.jpg

"**** pimpin' aint easy"

mateoban

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
this is utterly ridiculous in the realm of a fashion/style website.
i'm sure shuman had a reason for this photo, such as the mix of colors and textures or the americana look, cute girl, etc...but still. i wouldn't necessarily call this a good urban cowgirl look? someone said this reminded them of '80's RL look.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
+1. I kinda like it, though I'd like it more with a slightly darker pair of flannels. Sometimes less contrast can be interesting.

Originally Posted by Baron
I think the guy looks great, in spite of the too-close match in colors. On a purely theoretical level he should be wearing a brown/tan herringbone jacket instead of that gray one, but his clothes fit perfectly, his boots are rad, and he's fit, well groomed and handsome.

A little late to the party on this one, but I think this guy totally great. I don't mind the lack of contrast so much, in fact I think it's what makes it cool. The gray on gray seems very modern. The brown jacket also looks good, but just more traditional. Slightly darker gray pants would be great, but I think slightly lighter would be even better as it lets the navy overcoat and scarf provide the contrast. Sometimes jacket and trou only need a little bit of separation to look good. I like to do this with tans, too.

11210herringbone1554web.jpg

lighter2.jpg

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
21310PE_6501Web.jpg

18946226.jpg

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, for Christ sake, he's wearing a Cincinatti Bengals jacket!!!

SCHUMAN DON'T KNOW SPORTS!

mateoban

Reaction score
I mean, for Christ sake, he's wearing a Cincinatti Bengals jacket!!!
no, it's a chicago bears jacket!. even worse to wear in nyc.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If he wanted to go all grey, I think some more contrast would have been an improvement:

sartdarkened.jpg

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
almost sure that is bengals, look at the N in the name under the logo. Pluse I thought bears colors were blue and red, not orange.

It's bengals

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
almost sure that is bengals, look at the N in the name under the logo. Pluse I thought bears colors were blue and red, not orange.

Bengals it seems... you can see the logo/head... assume his jacket is probably actually black.

But the Bears are orange and blue.

From Shuman's bio...

I started The Sartorialist simply to share photos of people that I saw on the streets of New York that I thought looked great. When I worked in the fashion industry (15 years), I always felt that there was a disconnect between what I was selling in the showroom and what I was seeing real people (really cool people) wearing in real life.
I think he is the last person to discriminate because somebody is wearing a hoodie or a cowboy hat with a poodle skirt... but I also think that there are time when I bet the picture does not capture as well as his mind's eye thinks, a person that holds true to the reason he started.

The guy in the Bengals jacket... great face,hat, scarf... coordinates colors... nice contrasting trou... Not saying I care for it but the whole package fits Shuman's aesthetic... the cowgirl earlier was a weaker example.... perhaps the faded denim struck him as "quaint".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads