• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Accountability Thread

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday-

50 minute workout at 6am. Medicine Ball, Bosu, Dead lifts, Bench press, Step ups, jump rope.

Breakfast- cottage cheese, ww toast with cashew butter, orange. sweet potato.
Lunch- cauliflower mashed w/wilted spinach and chicken sausage.
Dinner- Red Cabbage soup, swiss chard, sweet potato, chicken sausage.

1.5 hr post meal blood glucose 91.

PS- Can't **** on Lyle's diet. Must have some grains.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
breakfast-5 eggs, cheddar, turkey bacon, 10 oz coffee, 36 oz water

lunch-3 beef meatballs with mozzarella and hot sauce

2 metabolic drive shakes

dinner will be 6 oz steak with broccoli

last night, trained chest and legs

tonight, 30 mins hiit and cable tabatas

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thank you why for the clarification

Originally Posted by 1969
Yesterday-

50 minute workout at 6am. Medicine Ball, Bosu, Dead lifts, Bench press, Step ups, jump rope.

Breakfast- cottage cheese, ww toast with cashew butter, orange. sweet potato.
Lunch- cauliflower mashed w/wilted spinach and chicken sausage.
Dinner- Red Cabbage soup, swiss chard, sweet potato, chicken sausage.

1.5 hr post meal blood glucose 91.

PS- Can't **** on Lyle's diet. Must have some grains.

actually i've been eating mostly veggies as the carbs, which is a lot of veggies (and thus i dont ever eat the full requisite 30g). i've been ******** pretty well. i think caffeine also helps as it disrupts absorption of water when mass is in the large intestine.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
actually i've been eating mostly veggies as the carbs, which is a lot of veggies (and thus i dont ever eat the full requisite 30g). i've been ******** pretty well. i think caffeine also helps as it disrupts absorption of water when mass is in the large intestine.

I'm not actually doing a PSMF at this time. But that is my experience.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bBoy JEe
3700 calories??? Jeebus. How heavy are you? And what is your physical activity level?

Well, it's in there, buried, but I'm 5'9 145 lbs and I do SS / Stronglifts which is a 3 day a week strength training program that has you perform squats every time. All my lifts are nearly at failure all the time, which I'm not sure is a good idea, but that's where I am with it.

Of those 3700 - almost a fourth is from milk, which I cut back on when I don't work out.

I struggle with the same shock you are expressing sometimes. My girlfriend isn't sure what to think. But as soon as I started drinking milk to bump my calories, my lifts began going up again and I was able to hold on to a bit more body weight. I seem to have temporarily plateaued again, but I'm hoping that is fatigue from a really excellent 8 weeks.

I had gotten to 140 a couple months ago and almost every time I would weigh myself I would be 135 again. I was 150 last week, but then I stopped eating beans for 3-4 days and lost another 5 lbs.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off day, 12 hr night shift.

1cu whole milk, 1cu rolled oats, handful dried cranberries / walnuts / almonds / sesame seeds
1cu trader joe's low sodium vegetable juice
150+300+??300+50 = 850 cal

3 servings 4% milkfat large curd cottage cheese
120x3=360

1 lb chicken, 2x whole wheat tortillas, 2 T olive oil mayo, squirts sriracha, cu spinach across 2 meals
??480+300+150 = 1050

1can trader joe's cuban style beans
3.5x100 = 350 cal

1cu whole milk before bed
1x150 = 150 cal

probably 40 cal in supplements
daily total ~2800 cal

It'll be exactly the same tomorrow, also an off day, and work out Saturday afternoon.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You're 5' 9", 145# and you DL 245x5s? -_-; dude what is wrong with me

Today I had 1 ECG stack (forgot to bring my drugs baggie), 3 g EPA/DHA, 600 mg calcium, 1 multivitamin

I had 3 chicken thighs (I had thought previously that chicken thighs were OK, but I don't think they're allowed on a PSMF) (48g protein, -_-; 30g fat)

8 oz lean turkey deli meat (36g protein, 4.5 g fat)

6 oz fish (42g protein, 6g fat)

3/4 serving ON casein (17 g protein)

2 cup fennel salad (12g carbohydrates)

137 g protein, 41g fat, 12g carbohydrates.

Chicken thigh was killer. Need to switch to breast. Also I think I'll go eat some more food right now.

For exercise, today's my day off

Right now I feel pretty good. I had a physical today which was pre-requisite to start firefighting training and I got like 112/62, 64bpm (after 200mg caffeine), above average ventilation rate.

I think 3% of 155 = 4.7 pounds of fat or so, but I guess I'll gain some weight with the crossfit warmup. -_-; This is most probably stupid (2 days since I started this, but I've following it in some form for a while now), but I think I can see my abs a lot more clearly.

However, I am pretty hungry all day. I think the crisis occurs near meal time where I have bad cravings for bread. -_- oh god bread.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1969
I'm not actually doing a PSMF at this time. But that is my experience.

what diet plan are you following? I need a plan for post RFL/PSMF

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
let's go to the gym together!

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
This is most probably stupid (2 days since I started this, but I've following it in some form for a while now), but I think I can see my abs a lot more clearly.

If you are down to 12g carbs / day two days in a row I am not surprised that you see your abs more clearly given the description you have provided.

I know you said you want to get to single digit bf in the first post, but you didn't really explain your motivation for doing that?

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off day, 12 hr night shift.

1cu whole milk, 1cu rolled oats, handful dried cranberries / walnuts / almonds / sesame seeds
1cu trader joe's low sodium vegetable juice
150+300+??300+50 = 850 cal

1 lb trader joe's 2% fat greek yogurt
2x160 = 320 cal

1 lb chicken, 2x whole wheat tortillas, 2 T olive oil mayo, squirts sriracha, cu spinach across 2 meals
??480+300+150 = 1050

1cu whole milk before bed
1x150 = 150 cal

probably 40 cal in supplements
daily total ~2400 cal

Same as yesterday but no beans and yogurt instead of cottage cheese. I get to sleep 8 hrs tomorrow and then hit the gym. I always have high hopes for the first day of the week. I get excited and nervous. Will probably not push for a PR on squats, but I think I might go for a PR on bench. I'll try to bench my BW from 1 yr ago!

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Accountability? Be accountable to yourself.

If you want something - do it. Tying your success to strangers on the internet is a bad crutch.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude

If you want something - do it. Tying your success to strangers on the internet is a bad crutch.

Meh. If this helps people reach their goals then there is nothing wrong with it. Much better then not doing anything at all.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude

I'm sorry, but I'm not as perfect as you are. Yes I need a crutch to walk, but I'd rather walk than not.

Motivation is comfortableness? I know it's not as strong of a motivation as a weigh in or a wedding, but I feel uncomfortable. I had low bf% when I was in track and field and I want to regain that feeling.

Today was a very very ****** day. One of my friends passed away and I've been dealing with a lot emotion.

I started out OK.

3 eggs, 6 oz mushrooms in the morning

2 chicken breasts, 4 tablespoons of chickpeas for lunch

but then all went to hell and I had half a pack of cigarettes, half a beer, a pearl milk tea, some chips, some oreos, some of those chocolate chip cookies that come in a blue package. I dunno how many calories that is. Maybe 800.

Did not do "Crossfit" warm up regimen.

Lyle says that for fatter people incorporating a rest meal? I forget what he calls it, is a good idea. I guess it'll just take longer for single digit bf%

Deluks917

Reaction score
On modified velocity diet (some real food higher cals 10 weeks). Started Today. I weigh 191 pounds.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads