• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I'm abusing the hell out of my "Break-up" playlist. ****.

lol8[1].gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Jamie just sent me an e-mail. Too scared to read it.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

ETA: Just read it. -_-

"Jamie" is a nice equivalent for "Pat."

Pat.jpg

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alright. Basically, the e-mail contained: - "There's so much going on lately. I met sooo many new people, girls mostly." - "School is hectic." - "My offer to talk on the phone is still exists. Let me know when you're free." - Ends with an XoXo.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Alright. Basically, the e-mail contained:

- "There's so much going on lately. I met sooo many new people, girls mostly."
- "School is hectic."
- "My offer to talk on the phone is still exists. Let me know when you're free."
- Ends with an XoXo.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

lurker[1].gif

wait..this is a girl right????????

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
ugh, head/throat cold. Sniffling sneezing achy head coughing hacking so I can't rest
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
and it's nice out finally
frown.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
No, another sexually confused young lad.

Don't we have enough of those around here???

Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Indeed. Done my time here and have got out of it what I needed. Nowhere to go from here except onward and upward (and out).

Therein lies the riddle: Where to go next and how to optimize my skills (and which new ones to acquire) to no less than double what I'm making now . . . and at my age . . . ?

(And thanks to Fashionista for the ant & grasshopper metaphor and for catalyzing my discontent by pointing out that I deserve better than what I'm doing.)

Does anyone remember when it used to be simpler than this? It used to be - we think you can do the work, you seem to want to be here, we like you - you're hired, now prove yourself.

Now it's about checklists and leveraging skills and certifications and so on and so forth. Is that a consequence of today's risk-averse culture, or more a matter of climbing the career ladder?

(and in case you're wondering, that's why I'm back in school. again.)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Acephale

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
we think you can do the work, you seem to want to be here, we like you - you're hired, now...
welcome to SalarymanLand and rot and stagnate until retirement. Corporate life in japan is hardly dynamic. Get a job, get a wife (and a McMansion an hours commute away), forget about your life as this is your life. . . Horses, courses... ants... grasshoppers. Hence Red's mid-life crisis. 'And now what?'...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AcÃ
00a9.png
phale
welcome to SalarymanLand and rot and stagnate until retirement.

Corporate life in japan is hardly dynamic. Get a job, get a wife (and a McMansion an hours commute away), forget about your life as this is your life. . .

Horses, courses... ants... grasshoppers.

Hence Red's mid-life crisis. 'And now what?'...

Had the crisis last year after a big disappointment. I got over myself, lost 40#, losing another 25# and am having more fun than ever. Just had to decide who/what I was, which turns out to be an ant that likes to have fun, but doesn't want the grasshopper stress come winter time.

And winter always comes.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Got my plans from my architect, along with massive bill, and a number of things are not really to my liking. I have had a hard time getting along with this guy from the get-go, and it is very frustrating.

Add to that the shock I know I'm soon to get when contractor bids come in in about a month.

Hopefully though, in 6 months, my new place will have me posting in that other thread.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Got my plans from my architect, along with massive bill, and a number of things are not really to my liking. I have had a hard time getting along with this guy from the get-go, and it is very frustrating.

Add to that the shock I know I'm soon to get when contractor bids come in in about a month.

Hopefully though, in 6 months, my new place will have me posting in that other thread.

Congrats and condolences.

You got your financing in place? See my post above about "big disappointment." When the finished project is coming in 100k under comp appraisals, due to surrounding foreclosures, it messes up things badly. Of course though, Scottish/Chinese...you're probably doing this cash.
laugh.gif

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Financing is not set in stone, but I do have preliminary indications that there should not be an issue. Unfortunately, my consumption habits are more Irish than Scottish. (Also not Chinese, not quite, but that's too much to get into here.)

Still, no matter what I do, this is going to be a huge money-loser unless I stay in the place for a while. This is going to be ugly financially, but it should be worth it in terms of lifestyle and beauty.

I hope.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas

May I ask why you used him then? My mom keeps talking about starting a sort of contractor/architect to client matchmaking/counseling service, that would make sure clients were compatible with the people they were paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to totally upend their lives, and help both sides through the process. I increasingly think this might be a good idea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads