• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Budapest hotel recommendation

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Heading to a dog show at the end of April and looking at these hotels:

Boutique Hotel Zara
New York Palace Budapest
Lanchid 19
art'otel budapest

Thoughts?

lefty

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive stayed at the Four Seasons. Beautiful place and it's centrally located right next to the Chain Bridge, central to most of the city's attractions.

Where is the dog show held?

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may be mistaken, but can't you rent rooms in the parliament building?
BudapestParliament.jpg

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
Ive stayed at the Four Seasons. Beautiful place and it's centrally located right next to the Chain Bridge, central to most of the city's attractions.

Where is the dog show held?

About an hour out of town, so I'll do three days in Budapest and three days at the show. Thanks for the recommendation but I'm looking for more of a design/hipster/doofus hotel.

Originally Posted by holymadness
I may be mistaken, but can't you rent rooms in the parliament building?

Do you get to be PM for a day?

lefty

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you probably want art hotel

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Around the corner from the opera house is a hipper modern hotel... I forgot the name. However the 4 seasons is very nice. Me and the goat stayed there for New years.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
Me and the goat stayed there for New years.

They allow that kind of thing in Budapest? This could change the trip.

lefty

bimmernate

Reaction score
Great city, Ive wanted to return since I left

No hotel recommendations I cant remember where I stayed but have a good time

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So basically, the Four Seasons or "I was too drunk to remember." But on the plus side I can bring a barnyard animal.

Thanks,
lefty

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
not a hipster hotel - stay at the gelliert, ask for room 424, or at least 324 - sort of mini suites with porches and good views. seriously, this isn't what you are looking for, but it is an old, serious eastern european hotel with a spa inside, with a fantastic view.

aside from that, you have to spend some time in a spa, and the gelliert spa is probrably the best example of a budapest spa that you will find.

aside from that, I've stayed at the intercontinental and the marriot, both are good. but I strongly advise the gelliert.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fabro
I stayed at the Corinthia and it was very nice:
http://www.corinthiahotels.com/home?l=1&c=3
Has a nice indoor pool (even by Budapest standards) and great pasteries next door

Thanks.

Originally Posted by globetrotter
not a hipster hotel - stay at the gelliert, ask for room 424, or at least 324 - sort of mini suites with porches and good views. seriously, this isn't what you are looking for, but it is an old, serious eastern european hotel with a spa inside, with a fantastic view.

aside from that, you have to spend some time in a spa, and the gelliert spa is probrably the best example of a budapest spa that you will find.

aside from that, I've stayed at the intercontinental and the marriot, both are good. but I strongly advise the gelliert.

The Geillert was on the list to check out for some spa treatments, thanks. Does RM 424 accept goats?

lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads