• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeterioy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
9.5^^^^
is that a for sure thing? I dont wanna spend 500 dollars on some Alden and finding out that they dont fit
frown.gif

Dexter_

Reaction score
Anyone pulled the trigger on the cordovan indy from J Gilbert?

Indy%20Boot_0.jpg

They look pretty nice!

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emeterioy
is that a for sure thing? I dont wanna spend 500 dollars on some Alden and finding out that they dont fit
frown.gif

Really?
cloud.gif
Dude, there is no guarantee unless you get measured. Most of the comparison's you mentioned were garbage but my best guess based on your Red Wing would be 9.5 based on what I have read about the Red Wings. Some members have both boots so they would know more. But even then if the last does not fit you, it does not fit you.

Your best bet if you cannot go to an Alden store would be to go to Nordstrom or a good shoe store and get measured properly. Then if they say you are a 10 get a 9.5 in Indy.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dexter_
Anyone pulled the trigger on the cordovan indy from J Gilbert?

They look pretty nice!

Yes, very nice and versatile. They should age well.
fing02[1].gif

mg428

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mg428
Can someone PLEASE post some photos of #8 indy boots with jeans?

All I could find is this. I will appreciate if my dear forumites can post some more.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mg428
All I could find is this. I will appreciate if my dear forumites can post some more.
I do not have #8 Indy's but I would just do it. Classic combo. IMHO you cannot go wrong with Chromexcel, #8 or Cigar Shell Indy's. All should be more versatile and richer looking than black with a new pair of #8 looking black in less than perfect lighting.

The #8 is very tempting to me.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
I just died and went to shoe heaven. I wouldn't wear them much but damn are these F***ers beautiful.

Coming soon to a WAYWT post near you..

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emeterioy
frown.gif

ffffuuuu.gif
FFS, do some reading in this thread and other Alden related threads. The answer is there.
And if you're so worried, just order them from J. Crew. It's not like returning them there is an insurmountable task.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
IMO sort of similar, but the heel in the Grant seems roomier. This is one where you definitely need to try on.

thanks for clearing that up for me guess i have to take another trip back to the store to try it on. i wanted the leathersoul plaza cap toe boots but they sold out. so i was looking at another pair of cap toe boots on the grant last.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dexter_
Anyone pulled the trigger on the cordovan indy from J Gilbert? They look pretty nice!

They're very nice. I had them for a few months but sized them wrong, so I had to get rid of them.

King Leer

Reaction score
Looking forward to picking up a pair of the J Crew Indy Boots. Unfortunately, they're sold out of them for about a month, which gives me some more time to save up!
I'm a 10D in Allen Edmonds Wingtips...would this make me a 9.5 for the Indys?
I figured I'd ask, though I should also go to another store that carries Indys and try on a pair...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads