• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it definitely makes a statement. I've been wearing mine under a black cardigan lately.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
I actually enjoyed the jury duty I did a few years ago, but I'm a law student. This was a sexual assault case in Long Beach, California.

I was idle at the time, however, and productive citizens like Mike should not be wasted on juries.

I was pretty fascinated by the whole thing too. Honestly, if circumstances were different, I would have been excited to participate. The Ed Bradley intro to jury duty video got me all jazzed up.

Originally Posted by Salad
Props to Mike and Adele for being awesome. Got my saddle's today and couldn't be happier!

Oh, and I've been trying to get on a jury FOREVER but for some reason I never get selected. It may have to do with me quoting a lot of scripture but who knows.

Thank you! Glad that you're enjoying them.

Originally Posted by poly800rock
i know how much people hate this but how are your shirts cut vs. like band of outsiders or gitman?

No worries, it makes my job easier when people know their sizes in other brands. For the usual BoO shirts - not the crazy-small overdyed oxfords - our shirting is reliably one size bigger. So if you take an Large in Band, you'll get a Medium in our shirts. Most guys find that our shirts have a better fit and straighter body than Band as well.

For Gitman, it's a bit tougher as their shirting cuts aren't totally consistent. But in general, our shirts are one size smaller. So if you're a Medium in Gitman, then you'd take a Large in Epaulet. Our shirts are more tailored than Gitman and have darts to eliminate any bunching in the lower back.

Epaulet Large is a perfect fit on me. I've also got a Band Batiste shirt in XL and a Gitman oxford in Medium.

Tarwater

Reaction score
Do you know if Gitman shrinks any with a couple hot wash / dry cycles? I was looking at the brown plaid buttondown. I really want to pick that shirt up but it looks like I'm between a medium and a large; if it helps, I've always worn a large in Epaulet and stick to cold washing and air drying because the fit is perfect.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
god i just got back from a ski trip and was surprised to find the charcoal trousers ... they are beautiful and fit great. nice weight to them as well

ill be shipping the other size back tomorrow. thanks mike!

shaftoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
oh and mike did you ever find out about those grey sperrys???

I was just thinking about those. +1

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Mike et al,

Apologies if you've already discussed sizes for stocky guys somewhere else, but I haven't had any luck finding the info. You list yourself at 5'10" 190 but what's your actual chest measurement/suit size? I'm 5'7" 175 but have a feeling I'm still going to need a L for a 41" or so chest.

Tom

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You'll definitely need a Large for a 41-inch chest.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarwater
Do you know if Gitman shrinks any with a couple hot wash / dry cycles? I was looking at the brown plaid buttondown. I really want to pick that shirt up but it looks like I'm between a medium and a large; if it helps, I've always worn a large in Epaulet and stick to cold washing and air drying because the fit is perfect.

We're about the same size. I'm a perfect Epaulet large, and I'm also right between a Medium and a Large on this shirt. I'm pretty sure that you'd find the Medium too tight across the chest. The Large fits me decently. Not nearly as tailored as our shirts, but in a more classic Americana way. I'd wear this shirt in the Summer - the fabric is really lightweight, and I usually don't want wovens that are too fitted when it's hot out. It looks sloppy untucked, but good tucked in.

I would assume that this shirt would shrink a bit with drying, but I wouldn't recommend it. Gitman prices are high because their construction is great and the repro fabrics are awesome Drying this a lot is just going to mute the colors and might screw up the drape. We'll have more Gitman shirts coming in the next few months, and plenty more Madras pieces too.

You might dig the Gant Handloom Madras that we just put up. This guy in a Large will fit you really well. Bit a similar color scheme.
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...sh-Navy/Detail

Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
god i just got back from a ski trip and was surprised to find the charcoal trousers ... they are beautiful and fit great. nice weight to them as well

ill be shipping the other size back tomorrow. thanks mike!
oh and mike did you ever find out about those grey sperrys???

Thanks Pierce, glad that you like them! Just got word that all our new Walt trousers are scheduled for delivery on Monday.

And right now the Grey Sperry's are scheduled for 4/1. I'll see, maybe we can move that up.

Originally Posted by hnlax
pre-sale for the styleforum shirts this weekend?

The polls will close on Sunday, so I'll probably put up the pre-sale on Tuesday afternoon. We're making up over 100 shirts, so they'll plenty to go around. The Pre-sale will mostly allow customers to guarantee their units if they want them - which is especially important for anyone who needs XS or XXL. This way I can get the best possible size scale.

Originally Posted by tiger02
Mike et al,

Apologies if you've already discussed sizes for stocky guys somewhere else, but I haven't had any luck finding the info. You list yourself at 5'10" 190 but what's your actual chest measurement/suit size? I'm 5'7" 175 but have a feeling I'm still going to need a L for a 41" or so chest.

Tom

No worries - I'm about a 41" chest as well. The Large should be good for you.

cicero79

Reaction score
Hey Mike, do you think you'll have the pinpoint oxfords restocked by the time I swing by in the Spring/Summer?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw Tiger Tom and Mike about 18 hours apart, and yes, you guys are about the same size, but Tom is shorter. For a regular fit, I fit into a medium well, for a shrunken fit like BoO, I can fit into a small (but it gets pretty taut across the chest.)

Scooba

Reaction score
Has anyone taken pictures of themselves in the EP's raw denim yet? I am interested in getting a pair but would like to see how they fit people with various body types.

I am 5'6 and have a 33 or 34 waist depending of the brand, what size would you recommend for me?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads