• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hey, actually, I looked and no smalls. Just M, M/T, L, and L/T.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i paid 130 for mine in the gray color. i do like it, it's a small and can fit my size 38 ludlow suit under it. i also bought the suede trim puffer, but that might get returned.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
i paid 130 for mine in the gray color. i do like it, it's a small and can fit my size 38 ludlow suit under it. i also bought the suede trim puffer, but that might get returned.

Cool, so you think 60 is fair? I wd have to get the khaki, only choice in the store.

shadrach

Reaction score
what do you mean is 60 "fair", they're practically giving them away. what's the retail price?

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Cool, so you think 60 is fair? I wd have to get the khaki, only choice in the store.

60 from 198? robert, are you serious?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
OK. I know. It's just I often think a lot of their stuff is overpriced. This is one. I always thought it should be way less, like around $100.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have this trench and khaki steven alan for UO trench. i've tried on similar trenches from gant, +J and Uniqlo, all are priced at least 99.00, are they waterproof? not particularly. but i mean, if i wanted a real heavy duty trench, i'd buy a mackintosh or burberry, but since i have an expensive umbrella. i really don't need to splurge on both.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I learned from the clearance store mgr that there's sometimes a line thru the J. Crew name or part of the tag is torn out to discourage someone from trying to return it for full price at a retail store or resell it on eBay etc.

She also said most of the stuff is just stuff that the retail store couldn't sell all of in a season. Other stuff is from catalog returns. None of it is seconds or outlet, she said.

shasta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by synovoid
what's Robert's watch?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Men-s-Time...Watch/10141673

rolleyes.gif

synovoid

Reaction score
it's a good watch for 30 bucks. I like the j crew timex, but not gonna spend 150 on that ****.

sdotmiles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hnlax
was flipping through my roommate's "complex magazine", saw a picture of the red chambray paired with a trovata sweater.

the red chambray definitely looks red, and it also looks sunwashed

i don't see it being "pink", as people are worried it may be

i found that pic

shirt-sweater-ensemble-2-420.jpg

hnlax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by synovoid
it's a good watch for 30 bucks. I like the j crew timex, but not gonna spend 150 on that ****.

someone also posted this one awhile back:

http://www.target.com/Mens-Timex-Eas...0reader&page=1

i picked it up, and i like it a lot. i went and bought the burgundy and tan strap from j crew, and between that and my seiko 5 (which looks like the robert watch), i have two solid watches that still came out cheaper than the j crew timex.

and sdotmiles, that is indeed the pic. i'm excited for it to come out (finally!) next week

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads