• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Have any of you guys done this before?

Yes, Baltimore County court. They kept us until about 2 and let us go. This was before I had an iPhone so I couldn't even distract myself. The only entertainment was a small wall mounted TV that they showed Second Hand Lions on about 2 or 3 times in succession.

That was after the middle school-esqe video telling us why jury duty is so important and crucial to the justice system.

Oh we did get paid for the day though...

$15.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brianja
Yes... I have. I did state supreme court jury duty on Jay Street about a year ago.

I spent a day sitting there. I was called up to a court room around 1:00pm. They questioned some people and let me go back to the pool after about an hour. Around 3:00 they told everyone still in the pool they were finished and could go home.

God, I hope that's how it goes down for me. Are you self-employed? Any reason that they didn't pick you?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
Yes, Baltimore County court. They kept us until about 2 and let us go. This was before I had an iPhone so I couldn't even distract myself. The only entertainment was a small wall mounted TV that they showed Second Hand Lions on about 2 or 3 times in succession.

That was after the middle school-esqe video telling us why jury duty is so important and crucial to the justice system.

Oh we did get paid for the day though...

$15.

I'm geared up here - iPhone, laptop, and chargers for both. Brought the economist too.

The middle school video was pretty awesome! I liked their tale of medieval torture trials. It wasn't too different from the usual episode of 24.

The guy who is moderating the process is pretty awesome. Dude has jokes. He's rocking a hardcore Boys II Men outfit and a pair of huge Dolce glasses (I know that from the enormous DG on the side of his frames). He's acutally really funny, but he's clearly heard it all before.

I've been putting this off for 10 years, so I had to bite the bullet eventually.

brianja

Reaction score
God, I hope that's how it goes down for me. Are you self-employed? Any reason that they didn't pick you?

I suffer from chronic migraines. Up in the courtroom they asked if there was any reason why anyone felt that they might not be able to give their full and undivided attention to the trial if selected. I explained that, while I felt jury duty was important, if I had a migraine on any day of the trial it would be completely impossible for me to concentrate on the trial and that I didn't this that was fair to either side. I hadn't thought that it could be a problem until they brought up the question.

They asked what medications I was on and when I told them what and the dosages they sent me back downstairs.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm geared up here - iPhone, laptop, and chargers for both. Brought the economist too.

The middle school video was pretty awesome! I liked their tale of medieval torture trials. It wasn't too different from the usual episode of 24.

The guy who is moderating the process is pretty awesome. Dude has jokes. He's rocking a hardcore Boys II Men outfit and a pair of huge Dolce glasses (I know that from the enormous DG on the side of his frames). He's acutally really funny, but he's clearly heard it all before.

I've been putting this off for 10 years, so I had to bite the bullet eventually.

Haha, great descritpion. Boys II Men brings me back. Just tell them you must get back to send out my trousers, because if not, that is the biggest injustice of all!

I was served with a warrent for not responding to my call once since I was away vacationing in South America for a month at the time. My mom was all worried wondering what happened when they came looking for me. They were wondering and asking her if I had fled the country. Fun times.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Haha, great descritpion. Boys II Men brings me back. Just tell them you must get back to send out my trousers, because if not, that is the biggest injustice of all!

I was served with a warrent for not responding to my call once since I was away vacationing in South America for a month at the time. My mom was all worried wondering what happened when they came looking for me. They were wondering and asking her if I had fled the country. Fun times.

Wow, I've avoided the warrant so far. Living in NYC, I was moving every few years, so they never caught up with my correct address until now.

While I'm here, I'm doing some touch-up on our site, and I noticed that Flickr's having some problems this morning. I use them to host all my large images and cover images, so apologies to anyone in the Epaulet online shop who can't see jack. It should be back full-force once Flickr comes back online.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Should've just used Larry David's method of escaping jury duty.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brycep
Hey, just wanted to say that I got my EP's in Indigo the other day... they are wonderful. Quality of denim and construction seems top-notch. Just waiting to get them back from being hemmed, but wanted to say thanks for putting out solid jeans at solid price. Poor college kids appreciate it.

Hey thanks so much for picking them up! We're gonna keep on making solid, well-priced pieces. Lots more to come this year.

Originally Posted by brianja
Yes... I have. I did state supreme court jury duty on Jay Street about a year ago.

I spent a day sitting there. I was called up to a court room around 1:00pm. They questioned some people and let me go back to the pool after about an hour. Around 3:00 they told everyone still in the pool they were finished and could go home.

And I have been officially released! I had a civil car crash case hanging over my head. Could have knocked me out for three or four weeks. But I was combative and clearly biased towards the defense. They let me go for the next 8 years.

What a crazy experience. It's like a job interview for a job you absolutely don't want to get. Glad that it's over with.

Originally Posted by blynch
how are the rudy jeans coming?
My kmws are starting to show some wear so I'll probably get a new pair of dark raws soon.

I should get my first sample this week. I'm pretty sure that we'll have to tweak that a bit. Right now, I'm shooting to have them in-store realistically by end of April.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually enjoyed the jury duty I did a few years ago, but I'm a law student. This was a sexual assault case in Long Beach, California.

I was idle at the time, however, and productive citizens like Mike should not be wasted on juries.

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Props to Mike and Adele for being awesome. Got my saddle's today and couldn't be happier!

Oh, and I've been trying to get on a jury FOREVER but for some reason I never get selected. It may have to do with me quoting a lot of scripture but who knows.

b-ill

Reaction score
Nice, a restock on the blue oxfords! Are there any other colors coming or should I go ahead get the blue?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by b-ill
Nice, a restock on the blue oxfords! Are there any other colors coming or should I go ahead get the blue?

Ah yes, we're doing a huge site update today. We've also got Lilac (buttondown collar) and White (point collar). I'll put up a notice once everything is live.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i know how much people hate this but how are your shirts cut vs. like band of outsiders or gitman?

Doctor

Reaction score
Woa... I had forgotten how full on that exploded plaid was. That's crikey bright.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads