• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I knew jet had a kop list but i didn't know abotu a spread sheet with the item, season, fabric, and brief description like guido. Hardcore, my man

My xls is very crude and not even a fraction of pg's. I do have the kop lists separated by seasons, color coded with stockists of a particular piece, strike through once kopped, in red for sale time cops etc.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
There's only one or two Jil Sander knits really worth owning; the cloverneck in grey marl from FW06/07, and then the same one in navy.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Raf knits on the other hand, I could probably rack up 36 of those if size 44 was more abundant.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Raf knits on the other hand, I could probably rack up 36 of those if size 44 was more abundant.

I thought there were a lot of SF complaints that Raf knits were scratchy. I don't come across them so I have no personal experience.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
I thought there were a lot of SF complaints that Raf knits were scratchy. I don't come across them so I have no personal experience.

Not really. I'm pretty sure the one people are talking about is that mohair turtleneck thing that dropped to like 85% off so a lot of people bought it.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester

most raf knits are pretty terrible for other reasons

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Mine fits pretty short and boxy. I do love the colors though.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
To be fair prada era jil is wack too, the good stuff is pp or fw07+ like all the stuff I have. They do have different tiers which most people haven't handled or even seen especially in most cities outside LA/NY or countries like korea etc and even here shops are afraid the good stuff won't sell since it's $$$ so few of them actually order. I got most of mine from a womens boutique which shut down their mens jil and the owner only bought the best of the best.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
who would have doubted that
tongue.gif
good info as usual tho

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
JS is good stuff for basics, you'll see more online soon.
Yo dude Describe them to me. I know a few stores are picking them up, but you can just kop from the main website anyway. They do 10 pound a knit international shipping which is great. Wanted to kop some cardigans and crew / v necks in charcoal and grey merino. I just need a SNS turtleneck fishermans then and my work knits are completed. Casual knits will never be done
laugh.gif
Also anyone know were to get Buttero besdies rakuten? Or Barneys? Talk about lame distribution.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I only know a few other Japanese webstores that sell Butteros, I can PM you the links if you'd like.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I love when I rip someone a new anus and they are forever asshurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics