• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official MMA thread

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

^ D's weigh in for the fight tomorrow.

Which I am forced to miss out of poorness.

Evidently he lost. Don't know the deets.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Demian Maia Will face the Spider:http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...0744&zoneid=13

There are 3 ways this can go.

1. We see Silva vs. Leites II, which no one wants.
2. Demian Maia loses his mind and decides to stand up with Silva. Fastest KO in UFC history.
3. Anderson Silva loses his mind and goes to the ground with Maia, in which case he either wins by submission from strikes or gets caught and submitted.

2 and 3 would both be entertaining, with 3 being the more competitive, especially if Silva takes a top position and and can rain down shots at the same time that Maia throws ups submission attempt after submission attempt (Silva on his back against Maia would be extremely bad for him.) But I fear that we will get 1.

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Henderson isnt gonna get a rematch against SIlva?

Lendo

Reaction score
He fights for Strikeforce now. He's got a title shot against Jake Sheilds on the not too distant future.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f61/de...debut-1150594/ Given what happened in TUF and this, seems like submission defence is gonna have to be top training priority for your boy...
I'm sure that it's not as if they overlooked it, especially since he was training with Schaub. Without actually seeing the fight, I don't know how exactly it happened. I think he needs to learn how to be nasty more than anything else.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I'm sure that it's not as if they overlooked it, especially since he was training with Schaub.
Without actually seeing the fight, I don't know how exactly it happened.
I think he needs to learn how to be nasty more than anything else.

Maybe he should train with Heath Herring (not sure what camp he is in), who used to drag down wars, and has great submission defense/defensive jiu jitsu, not to mention a ton of experience fighting the best dudes, and is a legit heavyweight. Nasty is not a Team Jackson trait.

As for losing, it happens, especially at the beginning, against top tier opposition (and anyone coming out of Team Quest is good.) Actually, maybe he should train with Team Quest or XTreme Couture, both of which know train for knock down, drag out, wars. And from what I've heard from guys who have trained with him, Randy is actually remarkably versed both in submission defense and submissions. I'm sure he is well connected enough now to train wherever he'd like.

Oxnard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lendo
He fights for Strikeforce now. He's got a title shot against Jake Sheilds on the not too distant future.
I am sure that Dan Henderson is laughing his ass off right now at the UFC's middleweight dilemma. Sonnen beats Marquardt for the next title shot, Belfort sustains a massive shoulder injury and has to drop out which forces Dana to find a replacement with the fight happening in 5 weeks. Sonnen got a massive cut in the Marquardt fight that got him a medical suspension that will last far past UFC 113. They can't use Marquardt because he just lost, and Hendo got signed to Strikeforce a while ago after his contract negotiations fell out, so now they have to use Maia. Regardless of this massive clusterfuck, UFC 113 is still going to be an epic event. While I would love to see Maia win via flying armbar or some other crazy bjj move, he will mostly likely get knocked out very quickly. Honestly I am not surprised that the Belfort fight came apart, I think he would have had a very hard time cutting down to 185. UFC 110 this weekend will be fun too, Velasquez vs Nog should be a really awesome fight.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Maybe he should train with Heath Herring (not sure what camp he is in), who used to drag down wars, and has great submission defense/defensive jiu jitsu, not to mention a ton of experience fighting the best dudes, and is a legit heavyweight. Nasty is not a Team Jackson trait.

As for losing, it happens, especially at the beginning, against top tier opposition (and anyone coming out of Team Quest is good.) Actually, maybe he should train with Team Quest or XTreme Couture, both of which know train for knock down, drag out, wars. And from what I've heard from guys who have trained with him, Randy is actually remarkably versed both in submission defense and submissions. I'm sure he is well connected enough now to train wherever he'd like.

I know he's at least been to Quest and XC. He seems to have liked Grudge well enough to stick up there for now I guess. I mean, it's not as if training w Marquardt and bringing GSP around for grappling every once in a while is like rolling with a bunch of tomato cans...
smile.gif

I guess we'll see what happens in Wren's upcoming fight to see if it's a training issue or not. Either way, it isn't really my place to tell him where to train. I don't think I could choke him out.
smile.gif

JesterM

Reaction score
Who you guys got for tonight? Lot of tough fights to call. I'm rooting for Wandy, but have Bisping UD. Same with Nog, I hope he wins but I have Cain UD.

JesterM

Reaction score
Well my Cain/Stevenson/Jardine parlay pretty much hit the crapper.

Adam_Lee

Reaction score
I had Big Nog, Wand, didn't care to pick the Stevenson/Sotiropolous fight, Bader, and Cro Cop. Disappointed about Nog and Jardine, though. I'm a big fan of Minatauro and for some reason Jardine makes me depressed when I watch him....He just has sad eyes or something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads