• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was more interested in thoughts on the plaids....

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like Blackbird has some new Gitman spring stock. They noted their shipment on the blog, but it isn't updated on the site yet. Nice stuff.

spencers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Looks like Blackbird has some new Gitman spring stock. They noted their shipment on the blog, but it isn't updated on the site yet. Nice stuff.

Ooooh.. I want that red oxford

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhoo04
Just picked mine up from Detour...they're going quickly.

Same here! Hot fiyah those reds are.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JRyder
There new stock isn't up on their website over at Detour either?

Jason mentioned they had received the red, but it wasn't on the site yet so I got in contact with them to purchase. If you have something in mind, just get in touch with them or PM Jason. The Detour guys are top notch.

sakuraba216

Reaction score
I just got a bunch of the plaids in xs and there a few things that bug me about these shirts.

The button spacing on these shirts are a little odd. On every other button-up I own, I leave the top button undone, but on these shirts the second button is so high on the shirt that it requires me to leave the top 2 buttons open, which I dont really like to do. Fine, I can use a small pin or something to fix this. Not ideal, but could be ignored since the plaid patterns are so nice.

The bigger problem is that these collars look huge and pretty much have to be buttoned down to look right. Unfortunaltely it makes my head look huge and my neck look short when I do this. Im going to have to have the collars trimmed by a tailor for them to look right on me. The weird thing is that the collars arent much larger than the ones on my other shirts when I compare them, but for some reason they look it. Im guessing its a combination of the stiff collar and odd button arrangement that makes the shirts look odd on me.

I will take pics after work.

Gagno905

Reaction score
I just ordered a plaid in XS. Is it too long? How does it compare to other XS button downs?

sakuraba216

Reaction score
No other than the collar and buttons everything is fine. I think the shirt is the perfect length (the back about 1/2 an inch longer than the front) and the width is fine too as it is not too baggy on the sides. The shoulders are a little narrow like others have been reporting though. If you are a skinny guy it will look fine, but I work out my traps and shoulders so I cant really pull that look off

spencers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Same here! Hot fiyah those reds are.

BB told me to phone in my order.

FWIW, here's the measurements on that red one for small & extra small. Debating between the two. I think XS might be way too small.. On the other hand, 20" p2p might be kinda big for me though.

size XS
pit to pit: 17.5"
shoulder to shoulder: 14.5"

size S
pit to pit: 20"
shoulder to shoulder: 16"

sakuraba216

Reaction score
Yeah, the difference between a small and extra small for Gitman shirts is huge. I had the blue plaid shirt that was so popular last season in a size small and it was huge on me, now I have extra small shirts and they are a tad too small for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads