• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Events and PSA thread

TrailofTears

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sm332
I explicitly asked whether I could return. I am mostly concerned about the last and shoe size since I dont have experience with AE's. But the SA I spoke to assured me that unworn shoes can be returned without any issues.

AEs customer service is generally thought to be stellar so I dont think/hope this will be an issue.

Thanks for the response. I can confirm this as I asked the guy I spoke to (Simon) and he said returns for full refund and/or exchanges. I just placed a huge order with that in mind, planning to keep 5-6 pair depending on what I think and how they fit. I am also going to run to a store around here and try on some with the various lasts to see what I think. I picked up some polish and trees as well. He also said I could feel free to call back later to add on to my order since I had told a buddy of mine about the deal and he said he wanted to look into a few pair. This will guarantee the 60% off which makes them about $40-80, depending on model.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I explicitly asked whether I could return. I am mostly concerned about the last and shoe size since I dont have experience with AE's. But the SA I spoke to assured me that unworn shoes can be returned without any issues.

AEs customer service is generally thought to be stellar so I dont think/hope this will be an issue.

I've never had an issue with returns. SA's have always said that as long as worn on carpet and not outside, returns or exchanges are fine.

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to let you all know just how good AE's customer service is...

I just returned a shoe I had worn outside for a few times tonight. I talked with the manager at the local store (he was the only one working) and showed him the problem I had with the instep of the Soho I bought. I could have lived with it as it wasn't too troubling, but it was very annoying. He gave me a full refund.

Amazing. If you live in Phoenix, I highly recommend the AE store in the Biltmore shopping center.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is not even funny but I have Shoe Bank phone number on my speed dial list now. I just placed another order.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif

get in here

Doxe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
Received word that their representative will be at the Sheraton on those dates. Email [email protected] for an appointment.

Do you know who the representative is?

Seriously thinking of trying these guys after using JustWhiteShirts in Toronto for the last MTM shirt order.

Thx.

sm332

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doxe
Do you know who the representative is?

Seriously thinking of trying these guys after using JustWhiteShirts in Toronto for the last MTM shirt order.

Thx.

I dont know who comes specifically but you dont really need an appt. I got some shirts made in 2007, the fit was quite nice but the fabrics were uneven. Overall the 63CDN per shirt was a decent value.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont know who comes specifically but you dont really need an appt. I got some shirts made in 2007, the fit was quite nice but the fabrics were uneven. Overall the 63CDN per shirt was a decent value.

Have you used anyone else? How did they compare?

sm332

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
Have you used anyone else? How did they compare?

No - I have not used anyone else to be able to provide a balanced opinion.

GucciKid

Reaction score
I've ordered one batch of shirts from MyTailor and I have not been very pleased with the quality. On one shirt, the interlining in the collar was made too small, so there are micro-wrinkles at the edge of the collar that are impossible to iron out. Add to that that after only a few washes there are a number of stitches coming loose - most of the stitching on the plackets of each shirt needs to be re-stitched - and a number of loose threads, and I can say that I will most likely not be ordering from MyTailor again. I've never had this happen with any other shirts, not even crappy shirts like Nautica.

The fit is pretty good but IMO the quality is crap.

LanceW

Reaction score
It sounds like you need a fused collar if you will be laundering them at home. I had that issue too until I had them switch my shirts to fused collars and cuffs as I prefer them not to be dry cleaned for pressing.

_AMD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
Any word on when the NY visit will take place?

I just want to make sure I'm in town this time.

Originally Posted by _AMD
According to a message that I received from Salvatore, he intends to be in NYC and San Francisco by the end of this month. No specific dates, however. I think that he is trying to gauge the interest before finalizing the dates.

Aaron

Just following up on this in case anyone is still interested. The latest message that I received from Salvatore indicates that he will be in San Francisco March 7th through the 10th, and then New York March 11th through the 14th.

Aaron

GucciKid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LanceW
It sounds like you need a fused collar if you will be laundering them at home. I had that issue too until I had them switch my shirts to fused collars and cuffs as I prefer them not to be dry cleaned for pressing.

This is quite possibly the problem but I told Joe that I launder my shirts at home and he recommended that I go with non-fused collars. So if that is indeed the case it only increases my frustration with MyTailor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads