• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler

Fiddy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by redwinglover
up ?! are u shure.

the 875 are much wider at the front then the gts, but they have the same length. so you have decide.

Yep, I'm sure.
smile.gif

I tried the 7.5's in the 875 and I could feel the front of the boot slightly with the tip of my toe (especially when the boots bend while walking). As this would drive me nuts, I opted to go with the 8. YMMV.

BltByKrmn

Reaction score
I just received my BC GT's last night, they are decent boots but I'm afraid I blew it with sizing. I wear a 10 in sneakers (DC, Vans, Adidas) and 9 for my Allen Edmonds, so I decided to go with a 9 for these. While I did try them on with dress socks, they do feel a little big. The toe box on these is MASSIVE and I have pretty narrow feet so my toes feel like they are swimming.

I'm going to try them again tonight with thicker wool socks, but I may have them up for sale soon so I can pick up a 8.5.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BltByKrmn
I just received my BC GT's last night, they are decent boots but I'm afraid I blew it with sizing. I wear a 10 in sneakers (DC, Vans, Adidas) and 9 for my Allen Edmonds, so I decided to go with a 9 for these. While I did try them on with dress socks, they do feel a little big. The toe box on these is MASSIVE and I have pretty narrow feet so my toes feel like they are swimming.

I'm going to try them again tonight with thicker wool socks, but I may have them up for sale soon so I can pick up a 8.5.

How about an insole and/or heel liner?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BltByKrmn

i got the same size, my feet aren't too narrow though so the width is perfect after a few wears. the toe box is indeed massive but nothing unmanageable. best bet is leather insoles, thick wool sox, at least for me since i use these only during the winter

BltByKrmn

Reaction score
I picked up a pair in 8.5, MUCH better. Going to return the 9's.

Timmbo

Reaction score
Two questions:

has anyone ordered these in Cigar (9016)? I'm thinking the chestnut (9013) will be too light for my personal tastes. If you could post pics/fit pics would be great.

can someone post fit pics of these with tapered jeans, similar to APC NC? I don't want to order a pair and end up looking like a large-hoofed clown. For some reason, there are no retailers here in Edinburgh :/

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by howlingwolfpress
4361938198_fd49e8a6a6_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephenjchow/4361938198/

An update after one month of wear, several applications of Obenauf leather preservative, and obsessive polishing
smile.gif

Breaking them in took at least 3 weeks and on one long walk early on left me with a huge blister on one heel and a deep scrape on the back of the other. Definitely worth sticking out the pain.

What kind of bag/duffle is that?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
What kind of bag/duffle is that?

Its amazing how leather laces can change the look of a boot in such a positive way. I hate you for posting these.

So where's the best deal currently on GT's?

jim_n

Reaction score
I need some leather laces like that, the stock laces always come undone. Where did you get them??

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Its amazing how leather laces can change the look of a boot in such a positive way. I hate you for posting these.

So where's the best deal currently on GT's?

Oops, I quoted the wrong guy.

Originally Posted by jim_n
I need some leather laces like that, the stock laces always come undone. Where did you get them??

Wal-Mart sells them for about four bucks for a 72" pair.

Gavin

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get replacement heels for my GTs? I need them replaced and I'd rather be sure that I was getting an exact replacement rather than whatever the repair guy chose to use.

emeterioy

Reaction score
what do you guys think? should I exchange them for a half a size smaller?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics