• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jean Shop NYC

lacunae123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Seriously, though, I have no idea WTF you guys are talking about. How muscular are your thighs? I have fairly muscular legs, especially compared to the rest of my body (over a decade of kickboxing and tons of interval work/sprints). I just measured them, and the right thigh measures 23.25" right now. The thighs on the KMW rockers (size 31) fit just fine, and the waist is comfortable, maybe slightly loose. Good for the sag. The Jean shop rockers are similar. You guys need to listen to Fuuma. The sag is what carrot jeans (like the Dior Homme 19 cm) are all about.
Yeah, that's how I am (thighs larger in proportion to everything else). Mine measure 23" even. I seem to fit into jeans with an actual waist measurement of 32" (usually size 31), and went with a size 30 in the JS Rockers.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Dude, I'd flay you.
I don't know which side of Toronto you grew up in but here in LA, we don't call this "flay"ing:
img3106z.jpg

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are great jeans, but really have a very western vibe.

Waiting for the reaction from Hosedine.

Seriously, though, I have no idea WTF you guys are talking about. How muscular are your thighs? I have fairly muscular legs, especially compared to the rest of my body (over a decade of kickboxing and tons of interval work/sprints). I just measured them, and the right thigh measures 23.25" right now. The thighs on the KMW rockers (size 31) fit just fine, and the waist is comfortable, maybe slightly loose. Good for the sag. The Jean shop rockers are similar. You guys need to listen to Fuuma. The sag is what carrot jeans (like the Dior Homme 19 cm) are all about.

WTF were we talking about? Jean shop skinnies, not rockers. I'm pretty sure the rockers have a roomier thigh.

thethreeman

Reaction score
Every time I see this thread I get my hopes up, but there are never any pictures. Doesn't anyone else actually own JSs?

I adore my rockers, and they're looking great. The mid rise tapered fit is perfect for me. Going on 14 months, probably a dozen washes:

img0009dt.jpg

img0010tk.jpg

img0013wv.jpg

img0012av.jpg

Annnnd, a fit pic:

img0016sx.jpg

JeanShopNYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lacunae123
Yeah, that's how I am (thighs larger in proportion to everything else). Mine measure 23" even. I seem to fit into jeans with an actual waist measurement of 32" (usually size 31), and went with a size 30 in the JS Rockers.
Thanks for the support guys. I know exactly what you're saying too. I have relatively large thighs for my waist (30). I've been skating for 15 years and my thighs reflect that. I wear the Jean Shop Skinny Fit and the Rocker both in size 28R. I never understand it when guys claim their thighs are too big for the Rocker. Unless you want a relaxed, baggy fit, the thighs are great for all body types seeking a classic straight leg. -Jared

JeanShopNYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thethreeman
Every time I see this thread I get my hopes up, but there are never any pictures. Doesn't anyone else actually own JSs?

I adore my rockers, and they're looking great. The mid rise tapered fit is perfect for me. Going on 14 months, probably a dozen washes:

img0009dt.jpg

img0010tk.jpg

img0013wv.jpg

img0012av.jpg

Annnnd, a fit pic:

img0016sx.jpg

Those jeans look great threeman! I'll try to get some of my own posted soon. I've been wearing JS for four years now and working for them for two. I have some well-worn pairs in my collection.

Also, feel free to post up pics on our Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...4276292&ref=ts

-Jared

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Always nice to have representatives from the various brands on the board.

Jared, do you guys have the small leather wallet in natural in stock?

JeanShopNYC

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input everyone. We really strive to make the best quality jeans possible. I'm happy to see our quality so well regarded by you folks.

berlin report, you can actually glean a good amount of info from our Web site: www.worldjeanshop.com or on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/jeanshop. Also, join our group if you want to discuss things further with other folks down with Jean Shop: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=67094276292.

You can also e-mail me personally any time at [email protected].

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JeanShopNYC
Those jeans look great threeman! I'll try to get some of my own posted soon. I've been wearing JS for four years now and working for them for two. I have some well-worn pairs in my collection.

Also, feel free to post up pics on our Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...4276292&ref=ts

-Jared

Not to be picky, but that's a group not a Fanpage. It's not a big deal, but you should know that group's have an upward limit in the amount of people who can join, while Fanpage's do not. Long term you would be better off using the later if you expect your brand to blow up nationally.

Sorry for the
teacha.gif
I work in PR and currently have too much time on my hands.
tongue.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads