• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thenanyu
I tried a pair on the other day. Very nice. I had to size down one half like for Barrie though. Also is 675 a good price for a pair of cordo longwigs to you guys? Seems a bit of a steep markup over the normal color eight.
$675 seems a little high for Alden shell, even Ravello, Cigar or Whiskey. I want to see what these are like.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Should be 650.

mg428

Reaction score
Can someone PLEASE post some photos of #8 indy boots with jeans?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound
how does the grant last fit compared to barrie?

IMO sort of similar, but the heel in the Grant seems roomier. This is one where you definitely need to try on.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
$675 seems a little high for Alden shell, even Ravello, Cigar or Whiskey. I want to see what these are like.
$650 is what Shoemart charges for whatever Ravello shoes they have in stock. $675 for boots. 2 years ago LeatherSoul had these Cigar boots for $650. if they could sell these today (ie if they could get the leather) I bet they would be over $700 there is just a big upcharge from black/#8

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
$650 is what Shoemart charges for whatever Ravello shoes they have in stock. $675 for boots.

2 years ago LeatherSoul had these Cigar boots for $650. if they could sell these today (ie if they could get the leather) I bet they would be over $700

there is just a big upcharge from black/#8

Are the Brooks Brothers shoe's Ravello? From the description I was wondering.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the Brooks Brothers shoe's Ravello? From the description I was wondering.

I doubt it...Ravello is rare enough that I'm not sure Alden could put together a big enough order for BB. unless of course it's so rare b/c they are saving it all for BB !

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I doubt it...Ravello is rare enough that I'm not sure Alden could put together a big enough order for BB. unless of course it's so rare b/c they are saving it all for BB !
Hence why I doubt it is shell and think that $675 will be high for these. I am not going to say people will not buy these at $675 but if they are calf I will hope for a sale, at which time I feel they will still be a little overpriced.

I wonder if they look like Tom's American Longwing:

alw1.jpg

If so I am more of the mind to support the small shop, big shoe's brethren.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hence why I doubt it is shell and think that $675 will be high for these. I am not going to say people will not buy these at $675 but if they are calf I will hope for a sale, at which time I feel they will still be a little overpriced.

oh yeah agree

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The BBBF longwing is black shell cordovan.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
That's awesome, I've been wanting some kind of oiled suede or leather in navy but didn't know it was offered as I've only seen brown.

Would kop that if it were on crepe sole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads