• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Events and PSA thread

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWGP
20% off ALL accessories, which I took to mean essentially everything they sell that isn't a shoe. I figure that's about the cheapest I'm ever going to get a shell cordovan wallet... and those wallets or even similar ones don't really show up on the Bay.

This sale really is the bee's knees... I even called back to add two more pairs (Concord in chestnut, Westgate in brandy), four more trees and more polish - no problem. I <3 AE customer service!

Did you call after you order was shipped?

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by painfree
Since when did the Soho come in saddle brown ( is that dark brown)?
Saddle is like a darker chili. It has a lot of red. I use Meltonian 'Brick' on my saddle Manhattans.

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laufer
Did you call after you order was shipped?

Well, it was shipped from three separate stores, from what he said, so I'm not sure what may have been shipped out and what hadn't. Incidentally, I actually got a call about 10AM Sunday because they needed to reconfirm my credit card info for the adjusted order - took the opportunity to throw in a conditioner/cleaner and then they processed it. I'm not going to order anything else, honest!
biggrin.gif

KevM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWGP
262-284-7158

Thanks guys. I called them. I ordered 10 pairs of shoes for out the door $675.

sm332

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KevM
Thanks guys. I called them. I ordered 10 pairs of shoes for out the door $675.

LOL and I thought I was bad with my 7 pairs!

BTW - is it worthwhile to get the polish from AE? I think it was 9 bucks tube?

I am new to the world of decent shoes and right now damp cloths and Kiwi has sufficed for my needs.

AE owners please chime in - I think I should be able to call in and get something added to the order!

KevM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sm332
LOL and I thought I was bad with my 7 pairs!

BTW - is it worthwhile to get the polish from AE? I think it was 9 bucks tube?

I am new to the world of decent shoes and right now damp cloths and Kiwi has sufficed for my needs.

AE owners please chime in - I think I should be able to call in and get something added to the order!

I'm giving 4 to my brother, so you still have me beat.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Francisco
I wonder if they have suede mora?

Call them. They have a bunch of seconds and disontinued models.

CR78

Reaction score
Awesome. I just bought Presidio in black calf and Mcallister in merot, along with polish, for 321.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just called Malouf's in TX and they have 50% off Edward Greens. Tom said they have the Chelsea in black/brown and a monk, sizes 9-12 US. Have fun!

1-800-658-9500

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just purchased:

Mora in Black and Brown
Soho in Saddle and Black
Evanston in Walnut
Melrose in Walnut
Kenwood in Burgandy

Now the question is where do I actually put them?

TrailofTears

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sm332
Thanks for the update !

I just ordered a whole whack of shoes myself:

BelAir in Black
Melrose in black and walnut
McClain in merlot
Evanston in walnut
Soho in cognac and saddle brown

Total came to 466 - not quite sure why it was more than Jreigen but I dont think i should complain!

They happily accept returns for unworn shoes so if some of them dont work out - I should be able to return them easily.

Can you elaborate on the returns situation? Ship them back? Did someone confirm this to you in this sale situation? Thanks.

sm332

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrailofTears
Can you elaborate on the returns situation? Ship them back? Did someone confirm this to you in this sale situation? Thanks.

I explicitly asked whether I could return. I am mostly concerned about the last and shoe size since I dont have experience with AE's. But the SA I spoke to assured me that unworn shoes can be returned without any issues.

AEs customer service is generally thought to be stellar so I dont think/hope this will be an issue.

InsBrokerTX

Reaction score
It would be nice if there was a list of available models being sold at these fantastic discounts. Any idea where I can find such a list? Will Allen Edmonds provide one if I call?

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by InsBrokerTX
It would be nice if there was a list of available models being sold at these fantastic discounts. Any idea where I can find such a list? Will Allen Edmonds provide one if I call?

Yes, just call the shoe bank.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics