• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have said it in numerous threads, but I have had nothing but problems with 2 pairs of Brando Laces by Frye.

monkeywannabe

Reaction score
Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster. Came across a couple of pictures of what I believe to be are Red Wings, but wanted to confirm here. My eyes are terrible and they may not even be Red Wings. Nevertheless, they appear to be close to 1907 classics. Any help on the brand/style is greatly appreciated.

TrailofTears

Reaction score
Sizing advice on 9012's compared to Clark's DB's (9.5) or Purcell's (10)? TIA.

Curious_George

Reaction score
Originally Posted by monkeywannabe
Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster. Came across a couple of pictures of what I believe to be are Red Wings, but wanted to confirm here. My eyes are terrible and they may not even be Red Wings. Nevertheless, they appear to be close to 1907 classics. Any help on the brand/style is greatly appreciated.
Those are Thorogoods (or possibly some other Weinbrenner made shoe). They look like they're maybe these, however.

Max Biggavel

Reaction score
american apparel now carries red wing boots

just so you know workwear is just a trend

TrailofTears

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max Biggavel

*sigh* If only you were just a trend....

chethondo

Reaction score

I should probably get rid of my RWs now. Thanks for the info.

chethondo

Reaction score

I also heard J.Crew is now carrying them. I so hate being trendy.

Seriously though if I were to get rid of my RWs I wouldn't know what to replace them with. I love them. I guess they'll finally be broken in when they come back in style. Sweet.

JBG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Curious_George
Those are Thorogoods (or possibly some other Weinbrenner made shoe). They look like they're maybe these, however.

Thorogood is a very underepresented brand. I have two pairs of Red Wing boots and two Thorogood (one being the style in the above link, and the other a pair of Thorogood by Epaulet).

The Thorogood by Epaulet boot has nearly replaced my GTs in daily use - They look great and are far more comfortable than my GTs.

gastarbeider

Reaction score

what would we have done without your expert knowledge?

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i need some trendy shoes to walk around in the snow/slush/whettness... any tips guys? sometimes i'll wear them to work and commute with...

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Like those denim dungarees the kids are wearing, you mean?

Jump Around

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Curious_George

Wow, never heard of Thorogood boots before. They look great, and at almost half of the price of the Red Wing Classic boot it sounds like a good buy.

Timmbo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jump Around
Wow, never heard of Thorogood boots before. They look great, and at almost half of the price of the Red Wing Classic boot it sounds like a good buy.

Me too. I don't want to hijack the thread, but does anyone have experience with Thorogood American Heritage Boots? Fit pics?

TrailofTears

Reaction score
Can some of you RW vets offer a suggestion for an insole? I'm looking at picking up a pair of 8146's and Iron Rangers, and would appreciate the help. Thank you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads