• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Looks good, what product do you use, obenaufs?

Like the new avy. lol

ispace

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Would be nice to have brand/model with pics. Some of us aren't intimately familiar with some brands enough to i.d. them on sight.

Just oiled and looking presentable after the salt and slush. Dr. Martens James boots, excel. Second winter (about 10 mos. real wear).

I just bought my first jar of Obenauf's and before I slap it all over my boots I'm wondering if this stuff will rub off on the inside of my jeans? Anyone have this happen?

B.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are F+B's the new RW GT's?

I don't get em.

Going to kop USMC Service Boots and will do a full write up

Will most likely kop soon, thinking of getting a few pairs as they are cheap and I wanna sno seal one to darken it, plus those + thick ocbd + slim raws is perfect chilax uniform.

Need CP's before sometime before summer next year too. Black and grey lows.

Man footwear is hard to stop koppin.

Was looking at Buzz Rickson M-65's too..

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SeanUCSB
new grensons came in.....hi-shine honey...

SG102839.jpg

Finally someone else that has the Cole Haan Air Windsor. I love those shoes.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Are F+B's the new RW GT's?

I don't get em.

Going to kop USMC Service Boots and will do a full write up

Will most likely kop soon, thinking of getting a few pairs as they are cheap and I wanna sno seal one to darken it, plus those + thick ocbd + slim raws is perfect chilax uniform.

Need CP's before sometime before summer next year too. Black and grey lows.

Man footwear is hard to stop koppin.

Was looking at Buzz Rickson M-65's too..

They're not even close to being similar.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
They're not even close to being similar.

I think he meant hype-quotient.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
I think he meant hype-quotient.

Well, that too, but the F+B Eternity isn't nearly as ubiquitous on SF anyway.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Well, that too, but the F+B Eternity isn't nearly as ubiquitous on SF anyway.

Yet. At least that is how I read his comment.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yet. At least that is how I read his comment.

Basic economics will prevent that from happening. Either F+B would have to lower their pricepoint substantially or RW would have to raise theirs substantially, neither of which is going to happen. The RW actually represents the stronger value imo. This, and their widespread availability and frequent sales will only serve to further bolster their ubiquity.

BTW, if anyone has a pair of new or nearly new GT's in size 9, black cherry, let me know.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Basic economics will prevent that from happening.

On SyleForum? How many people traded in their Jack Purcells for Common Projects? I don't know why I keep coming back here to make counter-points as I really don't care for RW or F+B. I suppose I'll stop now as you may very well be right anyways.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Basic economics will prevent that from happening. Either F+B would have to lower their pricepoint substantially or RW would have to raise theirs substantially, neither of which is going to happen. The RW actually represents the stronger value imo. This, and their widespread availability and frequent sales will only serve to further bolster their ubiquity.

BTW, if anyone has a pair of new or nearly new GT's in size 9, black cherry, let me know.

lol What is 'better value' ? F+B's look off to me, IDK yet why. Never liked RW's but they aren't nearly as popular now as they were 18 months ago. And people still want boots to wear. Same as frye boots, they were big. However they are pretty popular at the moment, I can only see that increasing. The hype is building. I think people would be better to buy something really really awesome rather then alot of average items.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On SyleForum? How many people traded in their Jack Purcells for Common Projects? I don't know why I keep coming back here to make counter-points as I really don't care for RW or F+B. I suppose I'll stop now as you may very well be right anyways.

Absolutely. I don't know how many threads I've seen on here where people want a boot recommendation with the main caveat being that it be priced south of $200. I guess everyone has their priorities though. I'd spend maybe $600 on the right boots, but wouldn't ever spend over 100 on sneakers.

zr0e

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
... Man footwear is hard to stop koppin.
qft

jaac

Reaction score
Feeling these shofolk.

Shofolk-fall-2010.jpg

Shofolk-fall-2010.jpg

Especially the suede.

This blog has a bunch of season's previews aswell. (fairly sure he is also Josh's brother)

http://onandbeyond.com/

Mblova

Reaction score
Would totally KOP those shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics