• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

surrender

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max Biggavel
My local retailer has them but they're 230cad + tax. What size are you?

True 29/30, so probably a 27 in PS.

I just called the New York store, and they said they're getting a new shipment of black jeans later this month. I'm not in a particular hurry to get them, so I'll wait until they come in. Thanks for your help, guys!

Nopike343

Reaction score
I just got some APC New Standards, my first pair of raw jeans. I love the fit, I sized down two, three would be too painful. My only concern is the length, I would not want them to shrink more than 1/2 to 1 inch in length. Am I going to regret it when it's time to soak/wash them?

Max Biggavel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by surrender
True 29/30, so probably a 27 in PS.

I just called the New York store, and they said they're getting a new shipment of black jeans later this month. I'm not in a particular hurry to get them, so I'll wait until they come in. Thanks for your help, guys!

you should ask them for measurements cause they fit huge just like the piooner ones, a tagged 27 is more like a 31...

bma

Reaction score
thinking about picking up a pair... how much do these fade?

givemefive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nopike343
I just got some APC New Standards, my first pair of raw jeans. I love the fit, I sized down two, three would be too painful. My only concern is the length, I would not want them to shrink more than 1/2 to 1 inch in length. Am I going to regret it when it's time to soak/wash them?
no 34" is shortest they'll get

lihao

Reaction score
anyone can help me /?
recently got a new pair of cures off ebay and theres abit of weird smell.

can i sun the jeans? need to sun it inside out? thanks

matthwang

Reaction score
I remember hearing that to properly wash APCs you have to walk into the ocean and swim/roll around. Or something like that. Had mine for about a year, and I think it migth be about time to try.

Has anyone tried this? What are the effects? On the color especially. I heard that anywhere with previous wear becomes white-ish and I don't want a white crotch and ass from all the wear from biking.

Jerm

Reaction score
After about 4 months, I just machine washed (hot) and dried (low heat) my APC NCs. They fit like they did before they got all stretched out. Everything else looks about the same. Feels good, man.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matthwang
I remember hearing that to properly wash APCs you have to walk into the ocean and swim/roll around. Or something like that. Had mine for about a year, and I think it migth be about time to try.

Has anyone tried this? What are the effects? On the color especially. I heard that anywhere with previous wear becomes white-ish and I don't want a white crotch and ass from all the wear from biking.

It's fun just to say you did it. But it really does nothing different from a regular soak- except make it smell funny if you don't rinse with freshwater after.

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fabric on my ~6 month old NS is getting thin at the crotch
frown.gif
There is this one half-inch spot where all the warp threads have broken and only the weft is holding the denim together. Can anyone recommend the best way to reinforce the crotch by hand? I may just end up having my tailor patch it with some scrap denim I have lying around, since I don't own a sewing machine...

Stagger Lee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Earnest Hemingway
frown.gif
There is this one half-inch spot where all the warp threads have broken and only the weft is holding the denim together. Can anyone recommend the best way to reinforce the crotch by hand? I may just end up having my tailor patch it with some scrap denim I have lying around, since I don't own a sewing machine...

Have you washed them? Washing them will help them to last longer. I know it's not a popular notion among fans of raw denim. But it's the truth.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Earnest Hemingway
frown.gif

Patch it with scrap denim- take it to a tailor if you don't have a machine. I hand patched my Diors like this and really, it is not worth the time- and if you don't do a good job the thread might unravel.

Nopike343

Reaction score
I just got my APC new standards, my first raw denim, and I really like them, especially the fit. I like the fact that they are generic and simple.

The only things I am not thrilled about are the small front pockets and I would not mind is the rise was just a little higher, (Let's just say I'm not as young as most wearers of this jean).

Can anyone recommend a raw denim that is plain looking (liitle to no stiching on the back pockets) with a similar fit but has a higher rise and larger front pockets? If you recommendation costs more and is higher quality, I could go for it. Thanks in advance for your response.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just washed my NS for the 1st time after about 6 months of wear in some old-ass Woolite, almost-freezing water, and hang-drying. Now they have the consistency of sandpaper and are as tight as they were when I first got them (can just get the 1st button).

I'm NOT looking forward to wearing them in again....ugh.

Nopike343

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
Just washed my NS for the 1st time after about 6 months of wear in some old-ass Woolite, almost-freezing water, and hang-drying. Now they have the consistency of sandpaper and are as tight as they were when I first got them (can just get the 1st button).

I'm NOT looking forward to wearing them in again....ugh.

I would expect them to loosen/soften up much faster this time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads