• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Non-APC Sub $200 Raw Selvage Denim options

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
Deus Ex Machina has a straight leg selvage for under $130 i believe.

Also, I believe raleigh denim retails for $195?

Originally Posted by whodini

Freemans sporting club in NYC has yellow-line selvage for around $109-120. Think the models were a little different, hence the price.

Can you gents help with links on those? Will add.

Originally Posted by KitAkira
Wow, would never in a million years spend $400 on a pair of Gilded Age jeans.

Yeah, seems a bit excessive...

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, I believe raleigh denim retails for $195?

I found them all for over 200, but nice looking stuff. If you find them under 200, post a link.

Originally Posted by FlyingLotus
for cheapos i suggest 'Cheap monday autobahn unwash', I paid $45 for mine on sale. I think i like the fit and wash more than my APC NS's.. the sizing is really fucked up so definitely try them on first, my real size is 34 and in in these cheap mondays im 29...

Cheap Monday aren't selvage, but I added. Thx.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Can you gents help with links on those? Will add.

Yeah, seems a bit excessive...

Just checked the site, guess they aren't selling them anymore.

treysfull

Reaction score
Loving the LVC's I finally found the jeans I want to go with for my first high quality denim. Does anyone know if the Selvege ones stretch out too with wear? I know APC's stretch a lot or whatever but I'm a n00b and dunno if that's because of the brand or if it's all sevlege or what. Anyway yeah awesome thread I emailed the people at cultizm too about this just wanted to ask the question here too.

kit99bar

Reaction score
the unbranded brand from urban outfitters. They are selvage, chainstitch, etc and made by naked and famous for I believe $78s. Probably the best of all the jeans you have listed so far
worship.gif

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im sure someone has already mentioned, but Epaulet makes some fine selvage jeans.
150$. Im buying another pair soon as the new ones come out.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by treysfull
Loving the LVC's I finally found the jeans I want to go with for my first high quality denim. Does anyone know if the Selvege ones stretch out too with wear? .

Awesome! A good introduction to selvage. Yes, all denim will stretch, as will those. You'll probably get a much more informed answer in either the 'I have a jean" thread, or the LVC/Levis threads.

Originally Posted by kit99bar
the unbranded brand from urban outfitters. They are selvage, chainstitch, etc and made by naked and famous for I believe $78s. Probably the best of all the jeans you have listed so far
worship.gif

Glad you like them, but that's a loaded statement to say here
plain.gif

The Forum is pretty aware of the jeans, and were skeptical. If you like them, keep us posted on how they break in. If they're good, I'm sure the Forum would love to know more about your experience.

Originally Posted by nonissue
I'm kinda hesitant to see jeans that normally retail for much more than 200 dollars in this thread. Starting to include sale stuff just seems like a slippery slope.

Agreed.

Originally Posted by eglbc
Im sure someone has already mentioned, but Epaulet makes some fine selvage jeans.
150$. Im buying another pair soon as the new ones come out.

They're in here, champ. Thanks. Evolution pictures are welcome.

mtgguy777

Reaction score
Probably not a SF approved brand but WeSC makes several selvage models sat around $120

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mtgguy777
Probably not a SF approved brand but WeSC makes several selvage models sat around $120

These were my first pair of raws. I knew nothing about denim back then and after a month or two I hated them. They're now my material for patching holes in my other jeans hah..

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need something for <$100 or on the lower end of the $100 range...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads