• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Bryville

Reaction score
I have a couple quick questions.

I think I'm going to call New York - Uniqlo for a phone order, but was wondering how much do they charge for shipping U.S. to U.S. shipping?
I plan on buying a couple of there ties and was wondering which shirt would go best with a 2'in tie (skinny).

Choice One - http://www.uniqlo.com/us/explorer.ht...061734-000-00/
or
Choice two - http://www.uniqlo.com/us/explorer.ht...062032-000-00/

I can't really tell over the internet which collar would go best with a tie of that size. I don't want the collar to be to big. I want it to be porpotional to a skinny tie.

Also are there skinny jeans skinny like Levi's 511 or skinnier?

If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

blam89

Reaction score
quick quesiton on BoO shirts: if i'm a M in the overdyes, do i size up or down one for the regular shirts?

kaizoku

Reaction score
Anyone know where to buy a cheap, thick (not necessarily wide though) web belt?

Web belts from surplus stores are kind of thin, I want something a little more substantial.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blam89
quick quesiton on BoO shirts: if i'm a M in the overdyes, do i size up or down one for the regular shirts?
Up

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
moved to should i buy.

twylo

Reaction score
How do Jack Purcell's fit? I'm usually a 10.5/11 in most shoes, but I have a regular pair of Chuck's that are a 10 and are still too big. Just curious if I should go with a 9/9.5 in Jack's considering the prior. Thanks. (I'll be wearing them in the summer with no socks).

kaizoku

Reaction score
Originally Posted by twylo
How do Jack Purcell's fit? I'm usually a 10.5/11 in most shoes, but I have a regular pair of Chuck's that are a 10 and are still too big. Just curious if I should go with a 9/9.5 in Jack's considering the prior. Thanks. (I'll be wearing them in the summer with no socks).

My feet must be exactly the same size as yours. Get the 9.5.
I wear 10.5 Nike and have a pair of Chucks that are slightly too big in 10, and 9.5 Purcells fit perfectly.

twylo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by twylo

Also, should I buy the Jack Purcell's in white for the summer? Second question, with jeans in the summer I want to get a pair of black shoes. Should I get a pair of Common Projects Mid in black or Converse Leather jackets?

converse-100th-anniversary-leather-jacket-chuck-taylor4.jpg

or

4023556820_385b44539f.jpg

twylo

Reaction score
I'm just worried that without the white soul the black on black look will look too much.. I know Efron wears shiny black shoes but I don't mind them because of the white.
17+Again+Germany+Premiere+-84FN1tMisjl.jpg
They are YSL I think, but look alright due to the white, or maybe it's just me?

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's on you man. I prefer to look like a burgular so black sole's are prefered.
When did zach efron become someone to emulate?

twylo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thats.mana
It's on you man. I prefer to look like a burgular so black sole's are prefered.
When did zach efron become someone to emulate?

He's not, just the first person that popped into my head when I thought of shiny black shoes.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey all,

Anyone have suiting/shirting information for the denver/metro area? I'll ask in MC as well. High-end.

Nopike343

Reaction score
I also posted this in the APC thread but am hoping others with raw denim experience may provide an answer.

I just got some APC New Standards, my first pair of raw jeans. I love the fit, I sized down two, three would be too painful. My only concern is the length, I would not want them to shrink more than 1/2 to 1 inch in length. Am I going to regret it when it's time to soak/wash them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads