• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anybody preorder the Alden Indy Brown Chromexcel boots from North River Outfitters? Has anybody received them yet? Their site says that they have started shipping.

iansir

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Did anybody preorder the Alden Indy Brown Chromexcel boots from North River Outfitters? Has anybody received them yet? Their site says that they have started shipping.

Yes, I did - still waiting for them to ship. Ordered in mid-Jan.

Shorty Long

Reaction score
I notice that some of these new Alden collabs come with waxed laces. I'd like to get a pair for my standard Indys. Anyone know where I could get some? I've tried contacting Alden directly but they tell me they only have the regular cotton ones. I'm getting tired of having to replace my laces every couple months.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not hard to wax them yourself, which is what i do, in between chopping wood, milking cows, and driving my tractor around my ranch.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The flat waxed laces that alden includes with their boots are crap.

sellran

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
The flat waxed laces that alden includes with their boots are crap.

I've been having shoestring problems as well. Are there any good online sources of shoestrings?

arrow

Reaction score
Another good release on LeatherSoul website... check it out.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellran
I've been having shoestring problems as well. Are there any good online sources of shoestrings?

I e-mailed Alden customer service asking where I could buy replacements and they sent me 3 pair in the mail gratis, you may want to do the same..

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arrow
Another good release on LeatherSoul website... check it out.
It is nice Would love to see that design in the nubuck on the vintage indy, would be perfect, would instakop. Essentially that was the model I wanted to do lol Are you out there Tom?

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellran

What about replacing the cotton laces with leather laces? My local shoe repair shop stocks leather laces. I'm going there on Saturday to check it out.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alden Ravello Shell Cordovan Hunting Boots
alden-ravello-shell-cordovan-hunting-boots.jpg

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread has had some ridiculously awesome shoes posted the last couple weeks. Gotta wonder is Alden production is way up, or if 90% of their **** winds up on here.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked these up recently. Suede wingtips on Barrie. I tried one narrower than usual as well as sizing down 1/2 size and I like the fit, though I have to wear them with thin dress socks.

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads