• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

official 2010 world cup thread

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
I really hope Portugal finally does something on the world stage. Probably not, but I can always hope!
smile.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I will be rooting for Japan and Netherlands as usual, I expect this will leave the latter stages of the WC free for me to do other things... as usual.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Not with the Dutch. As I recall, they took names back in EURO 08.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
^ Not with the Dutch. As I recall, they took names back in EURO 08.

No matter how well the squad seems to do outside the WC, they are always a rd 2 fail. Like em anyways.

Amar ezzahi

Reaction score
Even though I hope Algeria would do something (at least one victory in the group), I will support Argentina.

And, by the way, limiting the extraordinary carrer of Maradona to his hand of God is the same as to limiting Edward Green to a pair of subs. Please try to do with a ball what he is doing with a orange and we'll talk about him after.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I shall sub to this threak. Be warned, I'll be watching all you footy mofos. Any denigration of my team in any way will be dealt with quickly and with extreme prejudice. As long as we beat the living **** out of Argentina, and that we or another humiliate Portugal, I'm cool with whatever happens.
smile.gif
0,,10329~3394858,00.jpg

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
koreaaaaaaa. 2002 again!!! again again again
Korea and USA for me. I don't expect much from either
frown.gif
Kind of weird that N. Korea is in it.

sabvinnie

Reaction score
Argentina with Messi in such awesome form will be hard to beat. Spain without a fully fit Torres may not be able to go all the way.

Germany without their captain Ballack...

Not wanting this to happen but England look as good as they ever had on paper (which is most world cups) and their draw is not too bad.

I just don't want Italy to get even close - I hope they all break their ankles for real instead of rolling around pretending they have every time an opposition player gets within 3 feet of them.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Amar ezzahi
Please try to do with a ball what he is doing with a orange and we'll talk about him after.

this pretty much nails it

i root for italy.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sabvinnie
Germany without their captain Ballack...

forget him. he is a whiney *****.

banjabear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sabvinnie
Spain without a fully fit Torres may not be able to go all the way.

Disagreeee. Spain have THE best players in the world in Xavi and Iniesta. People who go on about Rooney and Ronaldo are deluded. And why worry about Torres when they have Villa and David Silva?

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
What is the U.S. injury list looking like? It's hard to keep up with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads