• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fashionable clothing for fat people?

CiscoUsername

Reaction score
Does anybody have some advice about how a fat man should dress if he wants to look good?

kaizoku

Reaction score
Fat people should only dress in track suits and tennis shoes so they can run their fat asses around the block a few times.

Only way for a fat person to look good is to lose weight.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know it's kinda harsh, but I have to kinda agree.

You don't need to be model thin, but fit.

Also, any clothes you buy now will be a waste of money once you start losing weight.

bimmernate

Reaction score
Avoid horizontal stripes and embrace the color black. Other than that:
imagesfat-small.jpg

CiscoUsername

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kaizoku
Fat people should only dress in track suits and tennis shoes so they can run their fat asses around the block a few times.

Only way for a fat person to look good is to lose weight.

That is extremely hurtful. Here is my best picture, it was taken by a professional:

07003262.detail.a.jpg

kaizoku

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CiscoUsername
That is extremely hurtful. Here is my best picture, it was taken by a professional:

07003262.detail.a.jpg

Esquire: Best Dressed Real Man 2010 nominee.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is that for real? or was the occasion some star trek convention

he (or she) is being a dickhole, but you have to face the truth. it's pretty hard for somebody overweight to look good.

However, I do think walter van beirendonck looks pretty good

g2lumyryHPq5kAG5Bit3t.jpg

walter-van-beirendonck.jpg

img-walter-van-beirendonck-1_142254147042.jpg

def has swagger. like he doesnt give a **** what you think. and he has fun dressing in clothes (and making clothes)

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
patrick ervell is great for fat guys.

Billbeme

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kaizoku

I think this community (using the term loosely) above all else can appreciate that clothes and their color, pattern, cut and fabric can all do powerful things to the way one is perceived. It is one thing to suggest that equal time should be spent on one's naked figure as well as their clothed figure. To suggest, however, that "Only way for a fat person to look good is to lose weight" is inconsiderate, unhelpful and insulting. I am, no doubt, encouraging those who have already offered their sarcasm to turn their cannons at me simply by defending the original poster.

To the original poster I say this, "I unfortunately cannot advise. That said, clothes have helped me shape my outward perception of myself for the better and I would encourage you to do all you can to learn the ways in which you, too, can employ clothes to better compliment your figure, whatever it may be."

CiscoUsername

Reaction score
It's for real, I do professional modeling sometimes. In that case it was for a Star Trek uniform site. How many of you can say that you're a professional model?

The bearded guy is kind of creepy. His friends in the last picture are downright scary.

XeF4

Reaction score
Epic troll, I'm calling it.

In before 10 pages.

EDIT: Also I don't encourage people to post hostile or negative remarks.

CiscoUsername

Reaction score
One look that I have right now is dark Levi's 501s and a Barbour Vintage Cotton that seems to have a slimming effect on me. I also ordered some Beeswax Clarks DBs from another poster here. It's kind of lame to be that "trendy"/cliche, but it's a unique look for my body type.

I think that I'm a kind of ambassador for the overweight community and I am taking the wonderful styles that styleforum engenders and introducing them to my people.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads