• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how do you rock 'em jeans? : Fit Pics & Description

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
The back side of Jin denim is so amazing that it makes me want to wear my jeans inside out.

Well, not really, but it's still awesome.

Anyone who visits BiG should be sure to ask Gordon to show you the faded pair he's got in the back. Will blow your mind. And they're *unbelievably* soft.

I'll be up at BiG in March. Looking forward to it, and you just gave me another reason to go in. My wallet is prepared.

So what's pictured in IIIrd's photo is the Jin denim? LHT, or standard?

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
I'll be up at BiG in March. Looking forward to it, and you just gave me another reason to go in. My wallet is prepared.

So what's pictured in IIIrd's photo is the Jin denim? LHT, or standard?

Yeah, IIIrd's pic is Jin, which is LHT. There are various Jin models, but I believe BiG only carries the S0110XJ at this point (which is the model in my macro pics from the other thread).

BTW I *may* be in the Philly area in March and need to get up to BiG, if you're interested in a mini-meet.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
tnx. yea, can't wait for the Jins x SuFu x BiG collab, man ... LHT Jins on a 0500 silhouette [Wranglerpro styling as icing on the cake]. that'd be like "eating ice-cream while **********", an xgf might say.

don't you love the untypically less slubby denim + silver details on those Yamatos?! freakin work of art.

what are Jins? some Samurai cut?

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DECEMBER
Refers to Samurai's 17oz LHT denim. Comes in a variety of cuts/styles (S0110XJ, S0120XJ, S0130XJ, S0140XJ, S0210XJ). Samurai also offers Texas Cotton, VX series denim, 19 oz, 21 oz, 24 oz, etc.

garmis

Reaction score
cross-post from WAYWT
DSC02428.JPG
DSC02429.JPG
I am 6' 190 lbs. These are KMW 1950 34x32. These fit loose on me, with a true waist close to 36--but IMO the jean drapes best relaxed. My main challenge right now is finding a pair of raw denim with this same fit, taking into account my 25 inch thighs and huge calves.

garmis

Reaction score
DSC02383.JPG
DSC02384.JPG
I am 6' 190 lbs. Raw KMW 32x34. Though just two sizes down, they fit noticeably tighter than my 34s--and the seat area is all screwed up. What causes that terrible creasing? My theory is the low back rise. These fit well/a bit loose in the waist (they have stretched to 34 inches) but are constricting everywhere else.

garmis

Reaction score
DSC02329.JPG
DSC02304.JPG
6' 190 lbs. Samurai S5000Bk 34 x 33 Purchased from IIIrdIcon, I really like the fit of these, however the seat has some creasing action again. Is low rise the culprit?

YoPete525

Reaction score
You might want to try wearing them just a little lower, no promises, though. Too bad the creasing and wear is already set...

garmis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoPete525
You might want to try wearing them just a little lower, no promises, though. Too bad the creasing and wear is already set...

Fortunately that seat-creasing is not set! I will button them lower and see how they look.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoPete525
Originally Posted by garmis
Fortunately that seat-creasing is not set! I will button them lower and see how they look.
imo, it's the combination/proportion of lower rise and wider thigh cut that accounts for the excess fabric material on the butt area. that's 1 of the reasons why kids size down a ton on this cut ... + the thicker, looser weaved vx denim stretches out [ei, even beyond raw measurements on the waist] once they've soften up from multiple washes & wear.

i went the other direction and sized +1 instead. i was going for a 90-ish loose/slouched nonchalant look [without cuffs]. agree with YoPete, just pull them down a bit. that's how i wore them.

***for ref : check out my Yamato s001j [also sized +1 :: 5000 silhouette :: hemmed shorter w/breaks] :: compared to the s5000ai-10sp worn higher @TTS w/cuffs.

btw, nice fit , garmis! great contribution. that's what this thread is for__ show ppl different ways to ... rock 'em jeans.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by DECEMBER
Originally Posted by dcg
Refers to Samurai's 17oz LHT denim. Comes in a variety of cuts/styles, so does Jin denim (S0110XJ, S0120XJ, S0130XJ, S0140XJ, S0210XJ).
this^ ... tnx dcg!

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon

this^ ... tnx dcg!

Gah...reading your quote made me realize my sentence made no sense. What I meant to write was "just as Texas cotton comes in a variety of cuts, so does Jin denim."

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by garmis
DSC02383.JPG

DSC02384.JPG

I am 6' 190 lbs.
Raw KMW 32x34. Though just two sizes down, they fit noticeably tighter than my 34s--and the seat area is all screwed up. What causes that terrible creasing? My theory is the low back rise.
These fit well/a bit loose in the waist (they have stretched to 34 inches) but are constricting everywhere else.

disagree with others saying you should wear them low. Looks much better worn closer to the natural waist. Slouching only works with slim/skinny jeans - even then i don't really like the look.

re the creases - the denim will stretch in the places where it's tight, and not stretch so much where it's loose. after all, isn't that the main point of raw denim, that it conforms to your body?

YoPete525

Reaction score
Hendrix, not low, but lower -- just to get rid of the bit of behind-cameltoe, which shouldn't take much. Also, doesn't all denim stretch with wear, with the variance on how it stretches (e.g. the extent to which, the amount of time/wear it takes to "fully" stretch) due to things such as weave tightness, the cotton used, etc.? Independent of whether or not it's "raw"...

Hehlol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
isn't there a denim posting thread already?

Wait??!!! What?!?! 2 threads about almost the same topic on a forum to discuss clothes?!?! Aren't there already threads with pics about clothes?
sarcasm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads