• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

Detour Clothing Store

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kinetic
A lot of the photos I've seen of the chinos for S/S show them cuffed. Do you know if this is just for the stock photo or if they are hemmed with a cuff?

I'll look into it, but I doubt they are cuffed because I probably wouldn't have done them.
I'll let you know if I find something out.

netsua

Reaction score
Originally Posted by netsua
I just did a search, I can't find a pic of them. Care to post a link?
nm I think i found them
WI-5036-West-Point-Twill-Slim-Pants1.jpg
they're nice but I'm looking for lighter khaki color.

dunelly

Reaction score
I just received the urban fit jcrew chinos in 28
fits almost exactly like my levi 514 except more rise, very slim. I'll give measurements if anyone want.

dragonxking

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dunelly
fits almost exactly like my levi 514 except more rise, very slim. I'll give measurements if anyone want.

i'd like measurements. thanks

Whiskey

Reaction score
11 thigh 8 knee 7 1/4 hem waist is tts
ahhh perfect! does anyone know the difference between stanton and the urban broken-in chino?

ma1

Reaction score
how is the fabric on the j crew chinos?

how does it compare with the uniqlo vintage chino?

Regal

Reaction score
I got some from J.Crew in the classic fit (I really like the fit in the top block) but I'm thinking I won't be happy with them unless I get the hem taken in a bit....anybody ever had a good experience with that?

danilo

Reaction score
hemming is pretty basic... unless you're talking about getting the leg tapered. Either way, I've had both done to many pants of mine, any tailor that is considered descent should be able to handle either one. If I had a sewing machine I'd attempt to do it myself.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fit pics to keep the thread as a good resource or bust. Measurements aren't always telling. Help the forum with pics young Padawan!

dunelly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Whiskey
ahhh perfect!

does anyone know the difference between stanton and the urban broken-in chino?

Both our Stanton pants and Broken-in chinos are made with 100% cotton
and have the super soft, broken-in feel. You'll also find the fit to be
the same. The only difference is our Stanton pant is garment-dyed and
dusted with pigment, so a rich, saturated color can be achieved.

whatever that means?

Whiskey

Reaction score
^ haha exactly why i asked. i guess some new spring/summer colors are the difference too.

Regal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by danilo
hemming is pretty basic... unless you're talking about getting the leg tapered. Either way, I've had both done to many pants of mine, any tailor that is considered descent should be able to handle either one. If I had a sewing machine I'd attempt to do it myself.

Yeah, I was thinking about having them tapered. I could probably just switch them for the Urban Slim cut, but I do like the fit up top and I don't think the Urban Slim is available in a dark khaki.

I think I'll give the tailor a shot.

ilvwhtgrls

Reaction score
I didn't have the chance to read the whole thread but I've been looking for Slim Fit Khakis for a long time now. I finally found a decent pair at the dockers store, yup, crazy I know. The legs were still a little too wide but for 50 bucks it was a great deal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads