• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tan 237

Sometime love it. Sometimes wanna order one. Sometimes think it's old fashioned lamesness.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once you own a tan 257 you'll understand why they are so well thought of. I suppose that does have something to do with all the compliments you'll get....

Brown was introduced a couple of years ago. If that bag from 93 is dark it's Otter Green.

dport86

Reaction score
Anybody else wish the teeth on the 257 zipper weren't quite so big and sharp? They scratch my computer and my hands trying to get in and out. Can't see this getting any better over time...

zorglubb

Reaction score
Filson 257 i use for school, by far the best bag i have ever owned
wink.gif

P1270010.JPG

P1270013.JPG

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dport86
Anybody else wish the teeth on the 257 zipper weren't quite so big and sharp? They scratch my computer and my hands trying to get in and out. Can't see this getting any better over time...

yep, the zippers are killer, I'm even afraid for my watch as I reach in the bag

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
yep, the zippers are killer, I'm even afraid for my watch as I reach in the bag

this is true even of the filson jackets.. LOL

I have to wear gloves if its really cold just to avoid the teeth of death getting hold of me. I still love the jackets though. I just walked around for over an hour in the pouring ass rain on monday (in a all season rain coat) and was dry and comfortable.

Doc4

Reaction score
If you think that zipper is bad, try it on the garment bag ... where it's thaaaaat close to having an Isaia lunch.
eh.gif

Dad Shoes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zorglubb
Filson 257 i use for school, by far the best bag i have ever owned
wink.gif

Thanks for the pics--love seeing the real thing out there.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
posted from another thread for those who like to see patina to the Nth degree:

Originally Posted by robin
No idea if they keep much in any archive, but they seem to sell them at their annual factory 2nds sale along with other customer returns.

Edit: Here are some pictures I took of one of the tables from during the sale last year. They were about $10-20 or so each.

filson_sale_12.jpg

filson_sale_11.jpg

filson_sale_10.jpg

Please do! That sounds awesome.

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...0&postcount=25 this one has tons of patina.

sle-z-e

Reaction score
I just read through this whole thread and i think i'm convinced. But some guys are saying that the 257 is too big? would it be possible to post a pic with one on someones shoulder just for reference?

G. Mann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sle-z-e
I just read through this whole thread and i think i'm convinced...

Me too... I ordered a tan 256 w/ handgrip from Crane's. Can't wait.

Cheers,
G

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads