• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max Biggavel
2vkgikn.jpg

You remind me of jogu on stylezeitgeist, takes really simple items that just fit really well and go well together and makes fits out of them, the colour palette and little details (the black/navy tip of the sneakers, decent outerwear jacket, stacking jeans) make the fit better than your average. It's not so much "Hey look gaiz I can dress well" as "This is what I wore, I dig clothes", there's a lot of this on sufu.

Ibrock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max Biggavel
2vkgikn.jpg

I also like this, it looks very clean and simple... It's not incredible but I don't think it deserves all this hate.
Originally Posted by XenoX101
You remind me of jogu on stylezeitgeist, takes really simple items that just fit really well and go well together and makes fits out of them, the colour palette and little details (the black/navy tip of the sneakers, decent outerwear jacket, stacking jeans) make the fit better than your average. It's not so much "Hey look gaiz I can dress well" as "This is what I wore, I dig clothes", there's a lot of this on sufu.
Sums it up.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked the denim + the olve parka but this windbreaker buisiness is pretty bad. Now seeing the fit of the jeans head on doesn't make the fit any better, the jeans don't look like they fit really well.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Yea, his colors are nice, the fits are all on point and just slouchy/slim enough, and overall they have a nice effect. I'm kinda saddened so many people in this thread are missing that and are blinded by non-dark (or grey i guess) denim or khakis with non-skinny tops. It's like a year and a half ago when everyone was shocked and confused by these dark and drapey fits that aren't what they're used to being told is "in". I thought most waywt posters have gotten a little better by now and could just recognize well done outfits

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All y'all haters are crazy, it looks great. The jeans fit great too. Simple, relaxed, nice vibe. I completely agree with chrono.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I also love max bigwell's fits. People confused that they don't see raw denim need to wake up. The people who say they're dad fits or random manchester guy fits would probably think different with him standing side by side with the person. His stuff is nice breath of fresh air with all the slim raw denim/khakis and slim button up shirts/knits. Been loving his stuff and hope he keeps posting
Hey-- I wear washed jeans all the time in my unduly maligned WAYWTs! That's not my issue. It's not that I think the Max fits are awful. In fact, I wouldn't have said anything at all if it weren't for the praise. edit: Now people are quoting Xenox and agreeing with him, so you know we've really entered the Twilight Zone!

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
Now seeing the fit of the jeans head on doesn't make the fit any better, the jeans don't look like they fit really well.
Disagree, the fit of the jeans actually makes this for me. As much as I hate to use the term "anti-fit," I'm not sure how else to describe it... loose in the top block, but still slim/tapered enough to stack well. Don't see that combination of fit + wash often. Looks great to me, though.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, his colors are nice, the fits are all on point and just slouchy/slim enough, and overall they have a nice effect. I'm kinda saddened so many people in this thread are missing that and are blinded by non-dark (or grey i guess) denim or khakis with non-skinny tops. It's like a year and a half ago when everyone was shocked and confused by these dark and drapey fits that aren't what they're used to being told is "in". I thought most waywt posters have gotten a little better by now and could just recognize well done outfits
its not the fact that the denim isn't raw is just the fit is nothing special. It's not like it took much creativity to put on a windbreaker gray tee and light denim. The jeans aren't slouchy, they look like they do not fit in the crotch. If I saw this on the street it wouldn't really standout from what most other people wear. this is anti-fit, not that:
t02200293_0767102310408740037.jpg

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I also love max bigwell's fits. People confused that they don't see raw denim need to wake up. The people who say they're dad fits or random manchester guy fits would probably think different with him standing side by side with the person. His stuff is nice breath of fresh air with all the slim raw denim/khakis and slim button up shirts/knits. Been loving his stuff and hope he keeps posting
Huh? I have class with people who dress exactly like that daily, why would standing next to him make me feel any differently? The only difference between the fit of those jeans and any other dad jean is that there's stacking at the hem boring and mundane /= clean and simple I don't know why everyone's trying to pin my opinion to a hate of light colored denim, I've already made the point that I am fine with light colored denim, but those aren't some nice light blue-green or anything, they're stonewashed. Maybe I'm just thinking that the good WAYWT fits should be something that really wows me and makes me think "damn, that guy dresses well" not "damn, I see my dad wearing the same **** every day." Same reason why I'm not thrilled about boring white tee + jeans + Converse fits.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
I liked the denim + the olve parka but this windbreaker buisiness is pretty bad. Now seeing the fit of the jeans head on doesn't make the fit any better, the jeans don't look like they fit really well.
You've got to be joking, how do you want jeans to fit? These are literally the best fitting jeans posted in the thread so far, slouchy top block with slight taper and perfect stacking. I'm not a huge fan of the wash, but the fit is excellent. If they're not Dior 19cms or APCs, I will be very surprised edit: here's a fit, my jeans don't fit as well, either

chronoaug

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
You've got to be joking, how do you want jeans to fit? These are literally the best fitting jeans posted in the thread so far, slouchy top block with slight taper and perfect stacking. I'm not a huge fan of the wash, but the fit is excellent
Not on sf. It has to be really tight then stretch it out for an authentic fit. At least that's what they were told when they signed up so they have to adhere to it. If you guys really have people who dress like him with the same color schemes, fits and small pieces that make this fit better than random guy in faded jeans and windbreaker with white sneakers i'd love to see them or if it's true then all your friends dress better than you (judging by the people i've seen post so confused by these fits). I honestly don't think they're mindbending but then again not many fits are remarkably great. Most are solid, a few really nice, and most mediocre as hell. If you really want a fit every random guy on a college campus wears it's dark indigo slim jeans, untucked slim button up with boots/boatshoes/laceups/simple sneakers. niceleynice- i think he said they were apc petite standards after a few people remarked how much they loved his previous outfit

reprehensible

Reaction score

The shape of everything is nice (not mindblowing or anything, but perfectly nice), I just really hate the color of the pants.

chronoaug

Reaction score
You'll see a lot more light jeans done really well in the next year so i'd get used to it. I'm sure this time next year people will look back on this hate and laugh at how shortsighted it was

Also would rather wear max's fit 1000x over than how awkward sq4you's nudies+thome browne outfit looks or all of tonio's biz-cas looks (that i'm sure he has to wear fro work but still). I know he's partially trolling and all and dresses well for the most part but just saying.

I'm not petitioning for his fits to be in the fit of the year awards but just a little surprised at people and all as i figure sf had come further than this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads