• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Car Detailing

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
There are way too many zaino zealots in this world.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
Near as I can tell Zaino doesn't make a polish at all. What they call polish is really a sealant.

if all your doing is applying zaino then you don't need a porter cable. Never seen anyone other then a salesman trying to convince me I need a portercable use them for applying waxes and sealants.

For true polishing you cannot do it by hand. You need a portercable.

Let me correct the fail point by point:

1. Zaino makes a polish called Z-PC.

2. Z-PC is not a sealant. Zaino AIO is a combination of both.

3. The PC is used for polishing to prep the surface which is critical to a good job in my experience. You don't need it to apply Zaino, in fact I prefer hand application with an mf pad.

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Let me correct the fail point by point:

1. Zaino makes a polish called Z-PC.

2. Z-PC is not a sealant. Zaino AIO is a combination of both.

3. The PC is used for polishing to prep the surface which is critical to a good job in my experience. You don't need it to apply Zaino, in fact I prefer hand application with an mf pad.

So use the swirl remover for polishing and use the polish for sealing. Just like NuFinish the once a yer car polish.
laugh.gif

Still haven't tried Zaino on any of my cars. Bought Z2 last year. Probably try it on the accord in a few months. It's in really bad shape.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
So use the swirl remover for polishing and use the polish for sealing. Just like NuFinish the once a yer car polish.
laugh.gif

This makes no sense. Did you even read what I typed?

You wash the car, clay it, polish it 1-3X, then apply a sealant.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
laugh.gif

Hey don't knock the nufunish

I use that stuff all the time on bicycles and it does great stuff to the paint.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Further data on Zaino polishes...I'm a beta tester for Zaino and have been using their Z-PC polish for 3+ years. It has no sealant at all in it. It's just a solution with diminishing abrasives. Here it is: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...oduct_Count=20 I also can recommend the 3M products for polishing and the Menzerna line.

Mblova

Reaction score

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mblova
i gotta link you something so that I can get your opinion on the process used by some other peoples.

RickRack does great work. I've been on Autopia for years and watched him hone his polishing technique.

I wonder if RickRack has ever been RickRolled?
laugh.gif

Also check out the fine work by my friend Bryan (gmblack3). Rick and I use the same Lake Country pads. The Menzerna polishes are great but I recommended Z-PC here since it is more easy to work with and less expensive and does 99% of the quality.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Does Zaino protect the paint like wax? Better than wax?

I'm currently using one grand blitz wax (carnuba) on a silver G35 sedan every 4-6 months.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Zaino is the greatest thing on earth and perfect for everyone (29).

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greg_atlanta
Does Zaino protect the paint like wax? Better than wax? I'm currently using one grand blitz wax (carnuba) on a silver G35 sedan every 4-6 months.
In my experience carnaubas never last more than 2-3 months. One Grand has more durability than most but if you live in a harsh winter climate I think a sealant is better due to infrequency of waxing and extra protection. For the first question, Zaino protects the paint even better than wax. The cross-linking of its polymers creates a tough shell and it leaves a slick surface (if you do a decent job polishing or have a new car) that resists dirt getting embedded. For a silver car like my Lexus and your G35, Z-2Pro works really well. Greg, if you want to try some, I can provide a sample since you are local.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Does the water bead up like with wax?

I have seen some Zaino examples, it's very glossy..... almost obnoxiously so on a silver car.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Does the water bead up like with wax?

I have seen some Zaino examples, it's very glossy..... almost obnoxiously so on a silver car.

Yep, really nice beading.

turboman808

Reaction score
Does Zaino protect the paint like wax? Better than wax?

I'm currently using one grand blitz wax (carnuba) on a silver G35 sedan every 4-6 months.

Carnuba doesn't last long at all. This is with natty red and white diamonds. Great looking setup but only works with a garage queen.

TangerineandVintage2009017.jpg

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Carnuba doesn't last long at all. This is with natty red and white diamonds. Great looking setup but only works with a garage queen.

I agree - just not durable enough for most people. Perfect for garage queens though.

I have several of the various Natty's paste waxes. Good product for the money. My favorite though remains Pinnacle Souveran which has beat every Zymol "estate glaze" I've put it up against.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads