• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynx_the_one

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw
Here's a first for me:

kiton1.jpg

kiton2.jpg

100% cashmere. 3 roll 2 with surgeon cuffs. Tagged size 48 (38 US), but I'm a 36 so it's probably going to eBay, though I'll consider offers.

drool.gif
I'll give you $20 shipped
tounge.gif

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
100% cashmere. 3 roll 2 with surgeon cuffs. Tagged size 48 (38 US), but I'm a 36 so it's probably going to eBay, though I'll consider offers.

Home run! The one I thrifted was too big for me, too, but the proceeds from the sale helped ease the pain.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thrifted a pair of Elvis concert worn underwear (pre-drug days) I found in a thrift shop out of Hamlet, NC into 3 Rubinacci garments - good trade if you ask me.

tsaltzma

Reaction score
Here's the goodies for the week -

Alden captoes
NWT Trafalgar cortina belt
NWT New Balance running cap
NWT New Balance pullover jacket
Polo plaid flannel tie
Woolrich wool herringbone made in USA pants
Harris Tweed made in england by unknown blue herringbone
Valentino Uomo houndstooth sportcoat
NWOT Timbuk2 Laptop bag - still has the silica packets in it, and straps are in unopened plastic bags
A cashmere scarf and gloves

Passed on a bunch of shoes... there were about 6 pair of J&M shoes that said handmade in USA. They looked decent, similar to AE but a couple looked like they may be shell, or CG. They looked rippled, and in the lower parts of the ripple there was sort of a whitish waxy buildup. Sound like shell?

I was short on time so I plan to go back to take a better look. There were also 2 pair of Executive imperial longwings in size 13ee, one black, one burgundy, both calf I believe if anyone is interested.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's wierd comming across streetwear in thrifts. It's just the type of stuff that's so uncommon to see in a thrift store. The stuff seems to be comming out of the woodwork this year. Last week I found a pair on barely worn selvedge APC Rescues. Today I found a Lad Musician t-shirt. I'm pretty excited. Who knows what will come next!

EBTX66

Reaction score
Wow - I've been away from thrifting for the past few months and the first day back someone scored a Kiton! It took me less than 5 minutes being back to start feeling inadequate.
cry.gif

I scored a pair of AE split-toe blutchers in brown for $1.99, a Talbott silk PS for $1, and a Polo rugby shirt for my son for $3.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
It's wierd comming across streetwear in thrifts. It's just the type of stuff that's so uncommon to see in a thrift store. The stuff seems to be comming out of the woodwork this year. Last week I found a pair on barely worn selvedge APC Rescues. Today I found a Lad Musician t-shirt. I'm pretty excited. Who knows what will come next!
yeah, i was at the local goodwill last week and found a bnwot 7 for all mankind fatigue-jacket-looking thing... there among the 30-year-old tweeds and stafford cardboard suits.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a first for me:

kiton1.jpg

kiton2.jpg

oh man! great job....

I doubt I'll ever score a Kiton suit or sportcoat...
confused.gif

tsaltzma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by downwithianbrown
any one know any good thrift stores in Denver?

It's hit or miss with all of them. I've found good stuff at most of them, but not a single store that reliably has good stuff every time. I would expect the ones near downtown & cherry creek to have good stuff more often than others, but it doesn't always work out that way.

tsaltzma

Reaction score
Today was fantastic.

2 All Clad Cop-r-chef pans - 2qt sauce & 3qt casserole w/lids
Allen Edmonds Harrington split toe tassle loafer
Alden tassle loafer
J&M made in USA longwings
2 Allen Edmonds woven belts chestnut & walnut
LL Bean made in england wool scarf

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally got a nice pair of shoes at a thrift store today, after never ever having any luck.

They are a pair of Allen Edmonds Sanford in a brown color. It's definitely not Chili, but it is absolutely gorgeous. I picked them up at Goodwill and paid about $35.00, so it wasn't an outright steal but I still think it was a good deal. Much cheaper than ebay. I'm so addicted to buying used dress shoes!

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tsaltzma
Passed on a bunch of shoes... there were about 6 pair of J&M shoes that said handmade in USA. They looked decent, similar to AE but a couple looked like they may be shell, or CG. They looked rippled, and in the lower parts of the ripple there was sort of a whitish waxy buildup. Sound like shell?

Yes, it does sound like shell. If they actually said 'handmade' on the insole you may have a goldmine on your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads