• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Funny you say that because I am sort of in the same boat. My first pair of dry denim was APCs, but I have since sold them and tried other brands of raw denim. However, no I'm looking to get another pair of APCs again, heh.

g-banger

Reaction score
Hi all,

Must say awesome thread.

I own a pair of April 77 Joey size 31, New Cure size 31 and Skulls 5010xx size 32.

Im looking at another pair of APC jeans, and my mate recently got the APC x Supreme Petite Standards. Im thinking about getting a pair of normal Petite Standard.

Just need someone to confirm for me that the true waist size on the Petite Stanard size 30 is 32inches.

Thanks
smile.gif

Ben

tokyofriends

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
NC is skinnier. PS has a lower rise, roomier top block and as a result of that, more dramatic taper. NC is very skinny all the way through until the ankle, where the hem opening flares out a little to it's knee measurement.

Thanks for your reply.

Would you please tell me what szie ( PS or NC) do i get if i want to put on it like nudie thin finn w28.
The true measurement of NC and PS with the same size on official web site ,
the data of NS is bigger than NC.
Would you please tell me that why NC is skinnier ?

Thank you very much .
smile.gif

steezin

Reaction score
I got 2 blobs of white paint on my 3 week old PS.
Ended up having to sacrifice indigo in order to get it off
Now my right leg has 2 rather weird loook faded patches on the side of the thigh...
Damn.

Burr130

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Actually i find that the new cures don't really taper all that much but they're just really skinny in the leg. My old size 30s were like 7.3" at the hem but really tight in the thigh. I dunno, i hated the NC cut. My petite standards fit miles better and are the perfect slim-skinny but not skinny-tight fit.

Also, no jeans ever get "comfortable" imo. I'd always much rather be in shorts or roomy sweats but after awhile raw denim becomes like any other jean

yeah you're right. I recently put on my PS and think they fit pretty good. its not as tapered looking as i remember. I'll post fit pics later to get some opinions. They're about 2 weeks worn in so i think all stretching is done (hopefully).

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djc109
whats up, I have been looking to buy the A.P.C rescue. I am a size 34 in mall denim. I don't want a skinny fit. I know the NS are very popular on this forum I was thinking those just might be to slim of a fit for my taste. So should I really go to a 32 or go 33 for a looser fit.

32. Sizing down two isn't much in rescues. I sized down 4 and have been happy.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
4 is now the way to go on these

the 31s I sized down three on look ridiculous now after some wear

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tokyofriends
Thanks for your reply.

Would you please tell me what szie ( PS or NC) do i get if i want to put on it like nudie thin finn w28.
The true measurement of NC and PS with the same size on official web site ,
the data of NS is bigger than NC.
Would you please tell me that why NC is skinnier ?

Thank you very much .
smile.gif

I'm not familiar with the Thinn Flinn cut, or Nudie sizing for that matter. But disregard the measurements; I own both cuts in the same size and the New Cure is FAR tighter. I already addressed why- the rise is lower on the P.S so it sits lower, it also has a bigger thigh; the new cure is tight from waist til the ankle where it opens up a bit.

nhannon

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get a pair of original standards?

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any bets on when the euro will be at its lowest vs GBP? I want to order some new new standards direct from apc soon, hoping for a bargain if Greece doesn't get a bail out on Thursday...

CuffEm

Reaction score
Any of you own APC PS and own RRL jeans? Which RRL jeans fit similar?

surrender

Reaction score
Where can I find a pair of Petit Standards in black? They're sold out in every size on the APC webstore, and I can't seem to find them at any of our affiliates

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The SA's in LA told me they wern't getting any black shipments for the season.

Max Biggavel

Reaction score
My local retailer has them but they're 230cad + tax. What size are you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics