• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
dms8px.jpg
Borrelli Travelsmith RRL RL

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
That linen jacket is fantastic. Have you posted this before?

I'm pretty sure I have, back in summer.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
If anything I thought the shoulders on that coat is too narrow.

Yep, you can see that quite well on the left (right) shoulder in the pic.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
Red, White, and Blue. Patriotic colors for both the UK and the US.
smile.gif

That coat is...brilliant. An eye catcher!

Cheers. I'd not thought about the flag colours, anyway I've always been with Samuel Johnson on patriotism
smile.gif

Originally Posted by KtownGreg

Nice splash of color. If only I could pull that off.

Cheers. You'd have no problem.
Yesterdays more drab attempt. Simple black Tneck with jeans for a cold Saturday. At least we had fun.
[/quote]
Looks good - I like the proportions - coat length is spot on and the jeans fit well.
Originally Posted by KtownGreg
Wait. I did try a bit more color today. In honor of the red pant club.....
You can't go wrong with red trousers
wink.gif

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Nice casual fit MoK ... Can't wait for summer
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

Cheers - it feels a long way off...
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I think this picture will get quoted a lot and for good reason, this is just a really solid, yet interesting casual look. I'd probably never have considered wearing a red sportcoat like that until I saw this picture.. Very well done MoK!!
Thanks. I'm mad enough to own two bright red sportcoats - this cord one and a cotton canvas one (also Hackett, that I picked up new with tags on ebay for next to nothing -oddly no one else bid
wink.gif
).
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Hate to follow the MoK picture up there but here goes, a little cooler on this side of the Atlantic I think:
It's gettting cooler here with more snow threatened...

You wear peacoats well. I must try and dig mine out again.

Originally Posted by bakaroo
Is that pub "The Shakespeare"? Think I might've grabbed a pint (or three) the last time I had to take a train from Victoria.

Yes - didn't seem a bad pub for such a central location. The IPA was quite decent
smile.gif

Originally Posted by luftvier
Still over two feet of snow on the ground in Philly. My car is under that snow - walked to get some groceries, luckily the market is only 3 blocks away. I am wearing LB Evans slippers in these shots, but had my Docs on earlier today. There's no chance that I'd wear nice shoes in 24"+ of snow.
Nice coat Lufty. I don't think I've ever seen that much snow round here, still it only takes three inches for everything to ground to a halt round my way
smile.gif

Originally Posted by clee1982
see how higher arm hole helped you in this case...
lol8[1].gif

Bored
I'm not quite convinced by the bow-tie with jeans, but the rest of the fit works very well.
Originally Posted by CTGuy
Great sportcoat!

Cheers.

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
dms8px.jpg

Borrelli
Travelsmith
RRL
RL

So Vox,

I guess this is what you mean by "shivering" right?
bounce2.gif

Sorry Moo... couldn't resist... after Vox and Srivats were going at it on pant length, you pulled out all the stops on yours!

But, as I've said before--to each his own. Variety is what makes personal style interesting.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by btinl
Moo, are your pants cuffed and stacked?

Yup. They have all kinds of fun detailing at the bottom that looks pretty cool. I may just have them rehemmed to a shorter length though... I'm not sure the cuff/stack goes well with the rest of my silhouette.

Anyone know if I need a place that does chain-stitching to do this, or any regular tailoring place?

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
4339418968_4a4e40bb62_o.jpg

Hey Luft, this pair of glasses looks MUCH better than the one you usually wear. Also, very sharp today.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bored

P2076812.jpg
P2076797.jpg

Mao, your scarf is beautiful. Have been hunting for one but have not found anything like this.

BBC

Reaction score
Hello Gents, I thought I'd make the jump from the Trad Forum on AAAC, where I post as Cardinals5, and join you fellas for a little fun. Obviously, my outfits are "trad" inspired, but I hope they'll be welcome here.

Here's a couple of outfits from last week
tge001.jpg

Southwick 3/2 sack suit
cheap Ferragamo captoes

asdfasdfasdf010.jpg

Hickey Freeman flannel herringbone
Burberry's trench
Hardy Amies tie

hiolton007.jpg

Norman Hilton 3/2 sack (yep, shirt sleeves too long - changed the shirt before leaving the house)
BB bow
Mystery maker tweed trou
AE Stockbridge

tweedsuit010.jpg

Mystery maker white/black tweed 3/2 sack suit
AE black pebble-grained MacNeils
BB tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads