• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is a SC with ticket pocket too formal for casual wear

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a RLPL SC which has the standard RLPL design feature of a ticket pocket. I find it a little too tight and am trying to sell it and replace it with another RLPL SC in a bigger size. The new SC I am considering also has a ticket pocket. I am wondering if a SC with a ticket pocket is too formal for a casual outfit say with a pair of casual trousers or jeans. I dont want to post a photo of the actual SC which I am considering since it is still for sale. It is reasonably similar to this one below
3_71952697.jpg
What I am asking if the SC in the above picture would look with the outfits below.
22_71065092.jpg
2_71952615.jpg
Thanks for looking. I appreciate your input.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No.

MarquisMagic

Reaction score
I've always thought a ticket pocket makes a jacket less formal and more "sporty."

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So basically theres nothing wrong with the picture below or would you go with patch pockets

_1.jpg

MarquisMagic

Reaction score
I happen to prefer the look of the other jackets, but it is not because of the pockets...it's the fabric.
frown.gif

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, there isn't a sc (at least one that i've seen) that can be classified as too formal. In fact there is nothing formal about sc's unless you are comparing them to jeans or somethine else beneathing.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bowtielover
there is nothing formal about sc's unless you are comparing them to jeans

Originally Posted by aj_del
I am wondering if a SC with a ticket pocket is too formal for a casual outfit say with a pair of casual trousers or jeans.

facepalm.gif

Sartrolliast

Reaction score
Enough with the pictures of the ugly guys wearing ugly clothes already.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Also with jeans; these are moleskin tr.)

totaalzondertrui.jpg

Btw: shirt and trousers^ MTM via this man:

22_71065092.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
What do people feel about breast pockets?

- B

Macallan

Reaction score
I have a sports jacket that looks the same but in a dark grey shade and single vent - I have worn it with jeans and casual trousers (trop wool, cotton).

I was wearing the jacket last week with navy needlecord trousers, knitted top and brown monks.

3_71952697.jpg

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
(Also with jeans; these are moleskin tr.)

totaalzondertrui.jpg

Thats what I meant when I said casual but without the tie.

Originally Posted by NOBD

Btw: shirt and trousers^ MTM via this man:

22_71065092.jpg

Who is this guy ? I thought you were a Frans Boone customer.

Coming back to the original question dont you think the SC in the below picture would look better with patch pockets

%E3%82%BC%E3%83%8B%E3%82%A2%E3%82%B9%E3%83%9F%E3%82%BA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9%EF%BC%93%E6%B1%BA%E6%B1%BA.jpg

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coming back to the original question dont you think the SC in the below picture would look better with patch pockets

%E3%82%BC%E3%83%8B%E3%82%A2%E3%82%B9%E3%83%9F%E3%82%BA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9%EF%BC%93%E6%B1%BA%E6%B1%BA.jpg

If you were getting it made up yourself, then sure, patch pockets would be preferable but a ticket pocket would still look good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads