• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Non-douchey combat pants

socialdtk

Reaction score
I'm selling a few pair of Nice Collective cargo pants that may fit the bill. Retail on each was something like $165 and I'm selling for $35 each.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
J. Crew has some decent cargo/fatigue pants. Or did last fall.

Shoe-nut

Reaction score
If you want something not so mainstream, I have used S&M Wholesale makers of custom military uniforms. They make a copy of WWII Marine Fatigues that are simply outstanding for $85.00. They are built to take a beating and are made here in the USA. I have been to their facility and bought a number of items that I really like. Their pants are baggy with a high rise and very comfortable to wear. Call them for more details or check out their website http://www.smwholesale.com/index.html . I might mention that their main business is supplying the movie industry with period clothing and that they can be a little slow in responding to your order but be persistent they will not let you down. Talk with Steve he is a great guy.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by videocrew
Very pleased with my Gap fatigue pants.

x2. They seemed very decent when I handled them.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
x2. They seemed very decent when I handled them.
And sometimes they have snaps or buttons instead of velcro along with a contrast waistband and inside pocket flap. Have not looked in a while but I have a pair I broke out for the snow.
smile.gif

cimabue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shoe-nut
If you want something not so mainstream, I have used S&M Wholesale makers of custom military uniforms. They make a copy of WWII Marine Fatigues that are simply outstanding for $85.00. They are built to take a beating and are made here in the USA. I have been to their facility and bought a number of items that I really like. Their pants are baggy with a high rise and very comfortable to wear. Call them for more details or check out their website http://www.smwholesale.com/index.html . I might mention that their main business is supplying the movie industry with period clothing and that they can be a little slow in responding to your order but be persistent they will not let you down. Talk with Steve he is a great guy.

Cool link. I snapped it into faves for later.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Great site, great stuff! But whoa, those prices!

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
canterbury of new zealand usually has stuff like that. they had a cool pair of cargos last year.

Shoe-nut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Great site, great stuff! But whoa, those prices!

Well, some of those items are not made by anyone else so I expect that is why the cost is so high. From what I could see of their operation each garment is made completely by one person. There is no assembly line operation in place. They have patterns in stock and the person goes an pulls the pattern and makes the garment to the size specified on the order.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by manofstyle
My 4 year old A&F olive combats are nearly destroyed.
Who makes nice military/combat pants, not too tapered like you get from an army surplus store, a little loose fitting.

Have you considered All Saints? I just picked up a pair at the LA store for $39 and they're great. My favorite pair I picked up from 45rpm about 6 years ago, but they were $450+ if I recall correctly. Another consideration would be to pick up a surplus pair and have the legs altered to your specifications.

All of this depends on your locale, if you're from a town similar to Preston like I was you're fucked, but if London or Manchester is accessible you'll be sound.

TheDroog

Reaction score
+1 on Gap's fatigue pants. Surprisingly good.

Polo used to offer military-style cargo pants with pleated cargo pockets that stay close to the pants legs when the pockets are empty. They look great. I highly recommend it.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by videocrew
Very pleased with my Gap fatigue pants.
They are on sale for $12 online at Gap.com. I'm gonna buy a pair as soon as I get a good free shipping code. Would make nice casual pants to have. Amazing price.

Guus

Reaction score
I remember Tommy Hilfiger had some very nice cargo pants. It was affordable (50$) and made of same cotton as their cargo shorts. Wish I could find them but I guess it must of not sold well as my local Macy's stop selling them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads