• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
There was no backhand-edness in that ... I was saying that Greg is a gentleman irrespective of what he wears. Please don't read between the lines when you don't have to.

I know dude, I was kidding. Sorry, should have added a
smile.gif

Enforcicon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fredfred
1) Take one shirt to a tailor and have the shirt taken in, big time. Ask them if they think they can do it or if the shirt is just too big on you. If they can do it on one and it looks good, then do the rest.

2) Can the pants length be let out? Is there fabric available that has been hemmed inside?

3) Look for a sale on a shirt you like on moderntailor.com For about $45 you can have a custom made shirt shipped to you and it will fit great.

1. Thanks. I found a tailor near me that has a lot of positive reviews so I will try taking my shirt there.

2. Yes, there is quite a bit of fabric (about 1.5 inches) that is inside. Would they be able to be re-hemmed?

3. I checked out that site and it looks cool. Can you speak to the quality of their work? I also found a website http://www.atailoredsuit.com. Has anyone used them before?

After being made aware that my driving mocs:
IMG_0623.jpg
would simply not do, I went out and got these:

2010-02-05162735.jpg

Better?
smile.gif

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Much! Well done.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday's visit to the Louisiana Museum of Modern Art and then on to Helsingør.
20100206-1.jpg

20100206-2.jpg

20100206-3.jpg

tshaw

Reaction score
BTW, for those who asked, Philadelphia got 28" of snow (making it the 5th largest snow in their recorded history), while Trenton got 19" - not as impressive as Philly's.
laugh.gif

Shoveled 4 times during the storm, so that we could have a fire exit out the back door; took an hour to dig the car out AND, we're going to get it again on Wednesday.

I have a lovely piece of property for sale----Gregaz, I'm coming to visit you-I need to get warm.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

T

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The coat was made by some Giorgo Galvani guy from Italy, never heard of that brand before. Got it almost for free from a SF member
smile.gif
. It's a heavy cotton twill and the shade of...burnt orange is indeed really cool.

NaturalShoulder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KtownGreg
Thank you, everyone. I doubt the responses would have been as strong if one could have smelled my nasty self. One story...

As patients could not get to our make-shift hospital we had a truck and went out looking for them. Imagine that in the US. I was led (by some ???) to this child in a tent city outside of town. One leg was easily 4 inches shorter than the other due to an impressive femur fracture. I carried him from the truck to the clinic yelled for an Ortho who said, "Damn. Take him to xray." The Japanese kindly had xray equipment and the diagnosis was confirmed. He was taken to surgery for treatment. Three hours later I see him lying on a cot under a tent waiting....

Once the remainder of the patients we had treated from that area were finished we loaded them onto the truck to take them home.

As I was carrying this kid with a big-ole cast through another tent city back to the truck I found myself talking aloud. I was looking at all the people in scavenged tents and listening to the random sounds wondering how in the hell I ended up there. As I was babbling aloud I looked down at this boy in my arms and he just looked up at me smiling.

At that moment I knew I could be nowhere else. I love those people. They are kind, resourceful and contain a fortitude I long to embrace. I know that God will rebuild Haiti......for the better.

Sorry for that but need to share.

Thank you all for the comments but it is so not about me. Back to regular programming.

That is a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
Yesterday's visit to the Louisiana Museum of Modern Art and then on to Helsingør.
Louisiana in Humlebæk is great. I go there about once a year, but usually when the weather and temps allow you to really enjoy the beautiful park and surroundings as well.

So you just managed to see Jacob Holdt's American Pictures? (Last day today, I think.)

Btw, welcome to sunny Denmark
smile.gif

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tshaw
I have a lovely piece of property for sale----Gregaz, I'm coming to visit you-I need to get warm.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

T

Come on over ... join the East Coast stampede!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by IST66
Sharp as usual...

Спасибо!

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Both worth requoting.
worship.gif

Source of the bow tie?

Thank you, C. Tie is Alexander Olch, NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads