• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Copenhagen where to Eat/Drink/Shop

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll be in Copenhagen for two weeks starting October 1. See title.

Believe it or not, two weeks in Copenhagen necessitates cheaper places for the first two.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's quite pricey. I'll never again complain about the cafe prices in the UK. Anyway, I remember a place in the centre which is very popular with locals as well as visitors. 'Spicy Kitchen' Torvegade 56... It's like a buffet gig and you go back for as much as you want. About the cheapest place I found. And of fair quality too.

UFN

Reaction score
What are you doing here (since I doubt you came just to see the miserable weather
wink.gif
) and where exactly are you staying? EDIT: There's a few drinking suggestions here: http://www.aok.dk/byen-rundt/guide/visiting-copenhagen. As for the shopping: Nothing here is cheap, so don't expect to come home with a bag full of new clothes. /U.

hedgehog

Reaction score
I've spent on a few days in Copenhagen the last 4-5 summers after the Roskilde Festival. Always on a budget, so I should've had several nice tips for you - I only have a few random ones.

- For a cheap take-away lunch, Vandkunsten Sandwich is probably not worth going out of your way for, but it's perfect if you are in the area. It might have been the circumstances, but it's the one of the few memorable sandwiches I've had. Really tasty and of very good value.
- Jeppes Badehotel brings fuzzy warm memories. It's just a small, cozy bar with a funny old bartender.

If you have a day off Louisiana Museum of Modern Art is well worth the trip. It's about 30 minutes by train, and another 15 by foot. The building and its surroundings is just as worthy of a visit as the actual art exhibition.

Other than that there are lots of cheap buffets, but none have made an impression on me. I haven't had any memorable shopping experiences either, I'm afraid.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
bump,

I need a place for one good meal in Copenhagen. any suggestions? not hugely expensive, something authentic, game meat would be nice, if that is an option.

thanks

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
bump,

I need a place for one good meal in Copenhagen. any suggestions? not hugely expensive, something authentic, game meat would be nice, if that is an option.

thanks

Hereford house had some great steak. There was some place whose name escapes me near Stroget that had good Danish food, let me look it up in a bit.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks^ keep it coming please

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kobenhavner Cafeen. If they have the tomato soup GET IT. It is ridiculously good.

I assume you are tired of shwarma?

Not sure if you like tea but Tante T was my favorite tea house

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Kobenhavner Cafeen. If they have the tomato soup GET IT. It is ridiculously good.

I assume you are tired of shwarma?

Not sure if you like tea but Tante T was my favorite tea house

I love swarma, but I spend 20-30 days a year in the middle east, I don't think I'm going to have swarma in copenhagen.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kiin Kiin has the about the most amazing Thai food that I've ever had and the atmosphere etc. is phenomenal. You must eat here!!

Krog's Fish is also outstanding but much more classic, think French and upscale ala La Bernadine.

Both of these are as good as anything as I've had in NYC.

For shopping:

Birger Christensen has Prada, Jil Sander etc.

Illum Department Store has Canali and the like

There is also a great hat shop around the corner from Illum which carries Borsalino and great English brands (can't remember the name) as well as as excellent glove shop where I got a killer pair of peccary gloves

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
as well as as excellent glove shop where I got a killer pair of peccary gloves

Randers Handsker.

They make gloves for the royal family and claim to be one of the world's oldest glove makers.

REALLY good prices too.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Randers Handsker.

They make gloves for the royal family and claim to be one of the world's oldest glove makers.

REALLY good prices too.

teacha.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads