• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Events and PSA thread

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jreigen
That's too bad. I'll try to check the SC one tomorrow at lunch. Were they mixed in with the regular polo stuff?

South Coast only had 2 or 3 in Green Plaid.
IRRC they were on a "Contemporary Clearance" rack.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ones that were shipped to me had minor shop wear.
I don't think it is a big deal though.

Groover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde
while bored at work and checking out shoes, eyes caught these puppies: http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produc...electedFitID=0
3119-1692-photo3.jpg
nice burgundy calf. (supposedly) made by cheaney. goodyear welted ; cant tell but i think its 360*. imo very nice last/vamp-toe shape. medallion would make it **** out of most sizes - including mine - though. 260$ shipped to USA

Not sure those are made by Cheaney, the last (6957) isn't one of theirs and the heel doesn't look like theirs either, also in the product detail there is no mention of Cheaney whereas the other styles are. I have a feeling those are made by Sanders EDIT: Looks like those are not made in the UK. When you look at the product detail there is a "Made in the European" union image, the UK made shoes have a "Made in England" logo.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Groover
Not sure those are made by Cheaney, the last (6957) isn't one of theirs and the heel doesn't look like theirs either, also in the product detail there is no mention of Cheaney whereas the other styles are. I have a feeling those are made by Sanders EDIT: Looks like those are not made in the UK. When you look at the product detail there is a "Made in the European" union image, the UK made shoes have a "Made in England" logo.
good info. i was under impression most herring are Loake , and Herring Premier are all cheaney. never heard of sanders but nevertheless these look nice. wonder if they cheaped out on the leather? edit: sanders wholecut w/ medallion, but only black, no photos of sole http://www.pediwear.co.uk/sanders/products/3029.php

joegrec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by g-double
Beware if you order 2nds of the Evanston in Walnut. I did, have not received them, but was made aware of some potentially troubling information. That was that many of the 2nds in Walnut and even the Cognac of other models appear to be striped. It isn't just an ugly patina or blotchy patches, it's actualy stripes. I'll report more when I get the shoes, this is just meant as a heads up. If anyone has received any of the aforementioned shoes, I'd appreciate your feedback.

G

I got the Evanstons and mine seem to be fine.
They are seconds.

Here are pictures.

img00003201002041323.jpg

img00002201002041323.jpg

RoyalPaJamas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
I'm not a fan of the Evanston. The whole shoe seems disproportional. The cap toe is too long and the "laces area" is too small. The Soho suffers from the same problem.
I really like the Bel Air, though. I may order a pair from Riverhead.

I got a pair of the Bel Airs in cognac from eBay and really like them. Great shoe to go with a nice pair of dark jeans.

robdpittman

Reaction score
I already have a pair of Melrose in Walnut and Bel Air in the Brandy Bone (spec) combination...love 'em both. I actually really enjoy the shape of the 0 last visually...I don't find it very disproportionate, but I'm also 6'2" and I wear a 9D. On someone shorter, with a shoe size more matched to their height, I can totally see how they would look a little odd.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joegrec
They are seconds.

Those look great.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joegrec
They are seconds.

Here are pictures.

Hard to make out what they are, can you make the pics bigger?

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any word on when the NY visit will take place?

I just want to make sure I'm in town this time.

_AMD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
Any word on when the NY visit will take place?

I just want to make sure I'm in town this time.

According to a message that I received from Salvatore, he intends to be in NYC and San Francisco by the end of this month. No specific dates, however. I think that he is trying to gauge the interest before finalizing the dates.

Aaron

jreigen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sale starting the 11th with 20% off 1st pair, 40% off 2nd pair and 60% additional pairs. I just called the shoe bank this morning and ordered 7 pairs for $427 shipped. All were 2nd's for $119 and they honoring the coming sale. Melrose in black and walnut, McClain in chili, Evanston in black and walnut and Soho in cognac and saddle brown. Once they get to 60% off, it's hard to stop. All were 10D except the McClain in 10.5. The only one they didn't have was the Soho in black.

sm332

Reaction score
Thanks for the update !

I just ordered a whole whack of shoes myself:

BelAir in Black
Melrose in black and walnut
McClain in merlot
Evanston in walnut
Soho in cognac and saddle brown

Total came to 466 - not quite sure why it was more than Jreigen but I dont think i should complain!

They happily accept returns for unworn shoes so if some of them dont work out - I should be able to return them easily.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ralph Lauren sale merchandise is now 50% off marked-down price in-store. Just came from the BH store where I got a RLBL dress shirt for $72.50 (was $295) and a pair of Ralph Lauren dress boots for $134.50 (originally $895).

Also, RLBL suits were $350-450, sports coats were $250-350, RLPL shirts were probably about $100 and RLPL suits were $9-1100. Assuming this is true for the other big stores like Chicago and NY too, but not sure.

As an aside, who makes Ralph Lauren's "Made in Italy" shoes?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads