• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Sorry my man. But if you take a "S" in suiting, then the Gant shirting will be right up your alley. The hem length is nicely cropped. I'll find some gear for you!

No, I would need an L. Not many people carry a 39L or even a slim 40L.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
No, I would need an L. Not many people carry a 39L or even a slim 40L.

Gotcha. Well, our standard sportcoat would probably work in the body. Our fit model is actually 6'3" and would take an OTR Long for a proper business suit. But since he's a die-hard mod, he liked the relatively shorter fit of our R body. We intentionally didn't make the sleeve buttons functional, so the sleeves can be let out a full 1.5" if need be.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Mike! I got them EP's the other day and I think they are the shizzle and that bag they are in is top notch, love it. I only had the chance to put it on briefly and I think it was smart to go with the 30's in my case. Though there is extra room in the waist it isn't ball crushing and still doesn't give me saggy diaper butt, but the thighs are just right. I'll give them another go tonight since I'll have more time, but preliminary prognosis is good. Love the hand and the tonal stiching for a break of the norm and denim line up. Good shite!

Now onto these Rudy trousers...do you have a sizing chart on these online or somewhere handy to post? I'm curious on the specific measurements to see if these or the Walt's are more up my alley. Please give some details as I might be in for a pair!

Hey there,

Sorry - I missed this when you first posted it. That's great news! Lack of saggy diaper ass and moose knuckles are some of things we strive for in patternmaking. Glad to hear that you dig them.

I'll get a Rudy re-stock in the next 2 weeks or so, and we'll post them up fully. But the EP's Smith fit is loosely based on the Walt trouser, so that would be the way to go if you feel that the legs are a good fit. I'd recommend a 30 in the Moleskin and a 32 in the flannel and new wool fabrics to come. The beauty of the trousers is that you can dial in the exact waistband & seat fit that you want. The fabrics are great, so you'll get a ton of wear out of them.

poodlerock

Reaction score
Are you going to be carrying any McNairy oxfords or coats, by chance?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any update on those grey suede sperrys?

also if im inbetween sizes in your moleskin pants should i go up or down? i know they are adjustable in the waist but id rather not have to mess with them. wondering if theres a lil stretch in them so that i can just snag the 28 vs the 30

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
any update on those grey suede sperrys?

also if im inbetween sizes in your moleskin pants should i go up or down? i know they are adjustable in the waist but id rather not have to mess with them. wondering if theres a lil stretch in them so that i can just snag the 28 vs the 30

Hmm, I'll check where we're at with them. We picked up about 4 cloud collection styles, they should be coming in this month. In the meantime, I'll have a new Alden style to show later this week.

If you're a 29, then I'd recommend a 28 in the Moleskin and a 30 in the wools. The Moleskin is definitely bigger due to the thicker fabric. I'll drop you a PM with additional info too.

Originally Posted by thirdman
Do you expect to get anymore of the blue suede McNairy chukkas in?

Thanks!

Not anytime soon, we're just down to a 9.5 in that style. I'll have a full restock of the Navy/Tan Saddle shoe any day now. We've also got four other styles coming in for Spring.

pistolero

Reaction score
Gotcha. Well, our standard sportcoat would probably work in the body. Our fit model is actually 6'3" and would take an OTR Long for a proper business suit. But since he's a die-hard mod, he liked the relatively shorter fit of our R body. We intentionally didn't make the sleeve buttons functional, so the sleeves can be let out a full 1.5" if need be.

This is very good to know. Now just need to get them online!
fight[1].gif

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a pair of EPs.
I am between a 31 and 32. If I bought both could I return the one that didn't fit?

the_state

Reaction score
Thanks - I wish that we could swing this, but our sportcoats are so new that we're only working with the "R" length right now.

That said, I was able to source all kinds of great Tweeds and Donegals for this coming Fall. We're looking to add in a casual unstructured jacket that will also be cut intentionally shorter in the body. Believe me, Fall '10 will be tweeded out!

that's a bummer for the 5'10 and under set... i'll look forward to next fall's batch!

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Reading the Q&A, you understand how and why Mike's shop and Web store have been able to grow during a time when just about every retailer is struggling. He's not just invested a lot of man hours into both, but he's built them around the idea that to stand out in a saturated market, you need to offer something different.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pistolero
This is very good to know. Now just need to get them online!
fight[1].gif

Thanks - we're working on it! Doing a big online update this week.
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
I am thinking about getting a pair of EPs. I am between a 31 and 32. If I bought both could I return the one that didn't fit?
Absolutely. All SF members get a 14-day refund policy, so that's no problem at all.
Originally Posted by APK
Reading the Q&A, you understand how and why Mike's shop and Web store have been able to grow during a time when just about every retailer is struggling. He's not just invested a lot of man hours into both, but he's built them around the idea that to stand out in a saturated market, you need to offer something different.
Thanks Alex, I really appreciate it! Fok asked great questions, and it was great to participate in such an in-depth interview. We're working like hell to keep bringing the pain this year! And just to update everyone: * Got three great KZO styles in. We'll put them online in the next day or two. * As long-promised, we're almost ready with the infamous Epaulet Tweed Sportcoat! * Gant is still pending shipment from their warehouse. The snow might screw things up, but I'll eat a hat if we don't have it by Friday. Best believe that you guys will be the very first to know once it comes in. * We're finally getting a restock of the slim cafe racer from Schott this week. It's hands-down the best quality moto jacket for the price. Heavyweight icelandic cowhide, made in USA, classic Perfecto hardware, last you 20 years, costs a little over $400. Jigga what??? * Turns out that Schott was crazy short-shipped on black horsehide. For the jacket that I showed a few pages back, they were literally able to make only 4 units. Of that, I'm getting 3 - one Medium, one Large, and one XL. This this is amazing, and now amazingly rare. I should get that by early next week. * New Alden special edition for this week too. Like Chromexel? Plantation Crepe soles? You're going to dig this. One of the most perfect matches for raw denim known to mankind.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads