• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
go for the crazy bespoke lab coat first KM

jason needs to overhaul MTM shirting because jantzen's making me sad

Smahatma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Money
I concur, I really want to get a TaT suit...I think that's gonna be my next big purchase. trousers are lookin' clean.
As the undisputed resident expert on TaT fits, I don't think that cut is suited for your frame.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh, if he widened lapels a bit he'd probaby be fine. I think the pattern's been adjusted to fit people with larger arms. As long as he keeps proportions in check and doesn't have some insane drop

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lapel is the folded over part of the jacket closest to the space in the chest
pattern is the general "cut" of the suit
drop - difference between your chest size and waist size. a standard drop is 6 inches i believe

what smahatma is worried about is because you are not a lanky aZn the skinny-ish looking cut of the suit will look awkward on a guy of a larger stature. my lapels are 2" wide but TaT can go up to 3", I think. (haven't browsed through the thread in a while). The "conservative" cut also lengthens the jacket so it won't look cropped on you.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how mcuh did those Lanvin's run you Jokerman? Must cop hi-tops.....

Brennus

Reaction score
I just bought 2 armani jeans at emporio armani (actually one is AJ the other Emporio) at a 70% sale.
Does anybody know the quality of these? i read a lot about APC, the japanese repro's and other brands but could find nothing about armani.
I suspect because it is the same as "check my cool <insert random DG, CK etc.) jeans!" but just checking.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
oh damn i want that (but don't want to pay what it inevitably costs)
Since it is a leftover from the SS09 season, that Julius shirt is available for 50% off if you're interested (but only in size 2). There are a surprising number of sales in Japanese shops lately, which is relatively unheard of.
Originally Posted by sle-z-e
could anyone look artsy and fashionable if they lost their combs and hunched more? and took pics in a room full of empty picture frames...
Unless I suddenly became Japanese, that cannot possibly be me in the picture! I believe that particular shop setup the empty picture frames and statue in the background for the sole purpose of taking pictures. Kind of pretentious if you ask me. I see a lot of hunched poses and crazy hair in Tres Bien shop's photos lately too. Why do they hunch and send their head forward like this? Example...
2339645-rescaledpic-375x565.jpg

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The &quot;sending the head forward&quot; thing is more likely than not to do with marketing, in a graphic design course I studied in they mentioned that a popular study found magazines sell 30% more when there is a face staring at you on the cover. A forward head could have a similiar effect - though to an obviously lesser degree.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
^ just e-mail jason at [email protected]. It should be around $150-60 depending on details such as fabric, MOP buttons, etc

I'm going to PM you some details such as what things you can get customized / which fabrics. You won't be disappointed.

Can you send that info my way too? Definitely need to add more trousers to my wardrobe.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Money
I need to learn my suiting lingo.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Originally Posted by kelvinsense
lapel is the folded over part of the jacket closest to the space in the chest
pattern is the general "cut" of the suit
drop - difference between your chest size and waist size. a standard drop is 6 inches i believe

what smahatma is worried about is because you are not a lanky aZn the skinny-ish looking cut of the suit will look awkward on a guy of a larger stature. my lapels are 2" wide but TaT can go up to 3", I think. (haven't browsed through the thread in a while). The "conservative" cut also lengthens the jacket so it won't look cropped on you.

i'm shaped like a cinder block, but if you go with his conservative cut, it will probably fit you fine. my suits have fit very nicely without any alterations.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a Versace Jeans Couture jacket for £50 down from £200. Chuffed with it, but I'm not sure that denim jackets are back in style yet?

Any ideas how to wear a close-cut denim jacket and not look like someone from the 80's? My regular jeans are PRPS and True Religion, so I'm pretty nervous!

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Can you send that info my way too? Definitely need to add more trousers to my wardrobe.

got yaaaaa

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads