• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleverley 200 yr. old Reindeer skin bag

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Well this certainly seems big time.

I've said it here before and I'll say it again, this Meta Catherina must have been the size of about 10 Titanics and was packed to the brim with skins. People have been selling shoes/watch straps/bags from the skins on this ship for 10 years that I have known of it (when I started getting into watches about 10 years ago, these straps were the rage), and probably before then. Someone ain't telling the truth.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Interesting.... it seems it was a cargo ship which was carrying alot of skin at the time... but still you are probably right they are using some really good lore to create hype.

Eligius

Reaction score
FWIW I have one of their reindeer belts. A favorite piece.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Mr. Moo have a history with deer skin bags? He should order one, use it for a year, and then return it claiming that its not authentic.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
flask, ok, that makes sense. cool story, etc, on a cool item.

flasks don't take abuse the way shoes do.

i don't understand why people want shoes made of out of it. the condition and durability of 200-year old leather is not gonna be anywhere near that of new high quality leather. its gonna either get beat up in no time, or live in your closet.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's great as a show piece never meant to be used.

Eligius

Reaction score
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie
flask, ok, that makes sense. cool story, etc, on a cool item.

flasks don't take abuse the way shoes do.

i don't understand why people want shoes made of out of it. the condition and durability of 200-year old leather is not gonna be anywhere near that of new high quality leather. its gonna either get beat up in no time, or live in your closet.

Handle the leather and look at the products and you'll realize you don't know what you're talking about in this instance.

July

Reaction score
You'd need a valet to carry that around for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads