• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I was looking for a little clarification. If the mods say that I can expect big pictures of freaky semi-**** BDSM in DT, I'll just not go in there anymore. Don't be a fascist; I was just seeking more information.

Save the tampons for your own use.

my my.... 'semi-****'? i wonder why that is the first thing that would go thru your head.
you do remember Lady Canuker's avatar, her sig, or some of her posts regarding bondage?
she also just recently had a baby.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
There has been talk about how elements of DT tend to spill over to some extent into the main forum, dumbing down the whole board. I tend to agree. There also has been talk of shutting down DT. How about changing it so that no one can actually start new threads in DT, but rather threads can only be moved there by mods?

BUT, to keep people from starting the usual DT threads like "My Cawk Just Spoke to Me" or whatever in the main forum, there could be an automatic time-out penalty for anyone who crosses a decided threshold: X number of new threads moved to DT, X percent of threads (per day, week, whatever) moved to DT, etc.

Just a thought....

There is no "automatic" anything. We use our judgement. And yes, a pattern of stupid behavior will get you timed out or banned depending on how egregious the final offence was.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
my my.... 'semi-****'? i wonder why that is the first thing that would go thru your head.
you do remember Lady Canuker's avatar, her sig, or some of her posts regarding bondage?
she also just recently had a baby.

Do we need to make this into a pissing match? I didn't ask to have you banned, spoken to, picture removed, etc. I asked for some clarification so I could modify my own viewing. No skin off your nose if I don't click a thread, is there?

As to semi-****. Breast feeding = natural and good. Rope play = fine with me, whatever turns you on, but it's certainly an erotic activity. Mix breast feeding with erotic activities and yeah, you get semi-****. There's no need to have a pissing match about this either, it's my opinion. Again, seeking clarification so I can modify my viewing. I can't see where this is skin off your nose.

Again, this is all so I can change my viewing behavior if needed. Not sure why you're so upset.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do we need to make this into a pissing match? I didn't ask to have you banned, spoken to, picture removed, etc. I asked for some clarification so I could modify my own viewing. No skin off your nose if I don't click a thread, is there?

As to semi-****. Breast feeding = natural and good. Rope play = fine with me, whatever turns you on, but it's certainly an erotic activity. Mix breast feeding with erotic activities and yeah, you get semi-****. There's no need to have a pissing match about this either, it's my opinion. Again, seeking clarification so I can modify my viewing. I can't see where this is skin off your nose.

Again, this is all so I can change my viewing behavior if needed. Not sure why you're so upset.

whoa dude, chill.....
upset? i am bemused by your reaction.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
whoa dude, chill.....
upset? i am bemused by your reaction.

Upset? Not me. I am bewildered though that you seem to be so upset I wanted clarification so I can change my viewing habits that you needed to make a nasty insinuation about me and tell me I need tampons. Again, what possible skin off your nose is me not viewing one of your posts?

It's illogical.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DNW
I agree. Although I am thankful, time spent on looking for ass pics is time best utilized.
I think it should have been changed to "DarkWorm", since that's how most people read it, anyway.
Upset? Not me. I am bewildered though that you seem to be so upset I wanted clarification so I can change my viewing habits that you needed to make a nasty insinuation about me and tell me I need tampons. Again, what possible skin off your nose is me not viewing one of your posts?

I don't think that's his nose.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There has been talk about how elements of DT tend to spill over to some extent into the main forum, dumbing down the whole board. I tend to agree. There also has been talk of shutting down DT. How about changing it so that no one can actually start new threads in DT, but rather threads can only be moved there by mods?

BUT, to keep people from starting the usual DT threads like "My Cawk Just Spoke to Me" or whatever in the main forum, there could be an automatic time-out penalty for anyone who crosses a decided threshold: X number of new threads moved to DT, X percent of threads (per day, week, whatever) moved to DT, etc.

Just a thought....

This filled me with panic and rage.

Dumb Threaks brings levity to this forvm. Yes, it is all juvenile, weird, disgusting, but it is NOT mean-spirited like the dumb threads (lowercase) that evolve in the other parts of this site. One might be amazed that grown men can start idiotic Threaks, but what amazes me more, disappointingly so, is how juvenile grown men can be when they are not trying to be.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS

Dumb Threaks brings levity to this forvm. Yes, it is all juvenile, weird, disgusting, but it is NOT mean-spirited like the dumb threads (lowercase) that evolve in the other parts of this site. One might be amazed that grown men can start idiotic Threaks, but what amazes me more, disappointingly so, is how juvenile grown men can be when they are not trying to be.

+leminiscate

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+infinity.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

well-said. I like that I can let my hair down - well...what little I have left - and think it encourages creativity. Well, to a point - that is.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Actually, I didn't...Not sure who did.
sorry, I just pasted the first post of the original thread.
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Could my name please be shortened to "J"? (Capitalized to avoid confusion, of course.)
No.
Originally Posted by Incman
Revenue idea: charge people for name changes.
I'm going to start doing that just about now. It's getting kind of irritating. Paypal me $5 or more and you will get your name change as requested. BTW, I just noticed that it's a pretty server-intensive process to change someone's name, especially if you have lots of posts/PMs.
Originally Posted by james_timothy
So, why are there two ": What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion" threads in SW&D?

One started by kitonbrioni, the other by tonio028?

Should be fixed now - the move posts function seems to change the thread title, which is stupid.
Is all of DT NSFW? Or is t4phage dropping a really disturbing BDSM pic into a threak cool? I'm really not sure, as DT is a bit wild...but I thought pics like this were not to be dropped in without warning?
No, it should not be any more NSFW in terms of pictures posted in-line than anywhere else. It's more about the language/humor/etc. in there. I didn't see whether it was inline or linked at first, but it's not goddamn 4chan, so I hope he didn't think it was cool to post that pic straight into a thread.
oh lawdy....
are you disturbed by LC's avatar or her sig?
nsfw tag is dead - but what is the disclaimer on the entry page of dt?
do you need a tampon?

The disclaimer does not give anyone permission to post NSFW images right into a thread. As everywhere, there is a no nudity (********/nipples/etc.) rule and no linking to Appreciation.
Originally Posted by Thomas
I didn't find T4's picture all that disturbing - and as far as being revealing I've seen worse in the appreciation threads. The effect was a bit jarring, though.

Would like the nsfw tags back, if only as a warning.

The NSFW tags didn't work right - they loaded the image to your browser but didn't display it until you clicked, hence you could still get in trouble at work. People also seemed to think they were a license to post stuff that is not okay to post.

Just a thought....

That sounds like an awful lot of work. Maybe we just have to start being more liberal with giving timeouts for being dumb outside of DT.
I was looking for a little clarification. If the mods say that I can expect big pictures of freaky semi-**** BDSM in DT, I'll just not go in there anymore. Don't be a fascist; I was just seeking more information.

Save the tampons for your own use.

No, that shouldn't be happening anywhere. Please report anything like this ASAP.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification, j.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Can I get the "a" in my username capitalized? 24,000 posts, shouldn't hang up the server at all.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Can I get the "a" in my username capitalized? 24,000 posts, shouldn't hang up the server at all.
Give the man an umlaut! Surely diacritic marks would be assessed fees at lower rates than full name changes. Edit: Can I get an estimate to gauge the costs of changing my name to: 勝手な行動? (I'm just joking, of course)

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I'm going to start doing that just about now. It's getting kind of irritating. Paypal me $5 or more and you will get your name change as requested. BTW, I just noticed that it's a pretty server-intensive process to change someone's name, especially if you have lots of posts/PMs.
I will paypal you $50 if you change sho'nuff's name to d'brickasho. Pretty sure other members will contribute too. Jetfire should be good for at least a twenty.

Originally Posted by Mäntön
Either both vowels à la Mötley Crüe or none at all. More umlauts = more rock. Mäntön FTW!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads