• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levi 514 Selvedge

Batistuta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
So I've always wanted a high quality pair of 514s, and once I saw those, I decided why not.. Took them just a day to get here with standard Levi's shipping, and I'm glad I ordered. Got my true size and it fits just right, slim and straight, more so than the regular 514s. I really like the fit, hopefully they won't stretch too much. Obviously not going near a washing machine any time soon. I'll see how they do after a few months. The big question right now if I should get them shortened or keep them rolled up.
Is the inseam TTS or have they added some length to roll up?

Fallen Angels

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
So I've always wanted a high quality pair of 514s, and once I saw those, I decided why not..

Took them just a day to get here with standard Levi's shipping, and I'm glad I ordered. Got my true size and it fits just right, slim and straight, more so than the regular 514s. I really like the fit, hopefully they won't stretch too much. Obviously not going near a washing machine any time soon.

I'll see how they do after a few months. The big question right now if I should get them shortened or keep them rolled up.

so where (country) are these made?

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fallen Angels
so where (country) are these made?
China... no joke...
blush.gif
But obviously the denim is japanese.
Originally Posted by Marcus Brody
How does the denim feel?
I'm not an expert, but it seems really nice to me. Fit and finish are fantastic and better than any other pair of Levi's that I have (which isn't saying much, they are all STFs and "rigid" 514s.)
Originally Posted by Batistuta
Is the inseam TTS or have they added some length to roll up?
Haven't measured but feels TTS, maybe up to an inch on the longer side.

ddragovi

Reaction score
so is the fit like a regular pair of 514s? because I saw the "imprint" pair and those seemed to have somewhat wider legs.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wcarson89
You said you had the rigid...how much did they stretch? I usually wear a 31 in levi but im worried that with a 31 in the selvedge they will stretch to be too big. A 31 on first wear is snug and a 30 is very tight FWIW
Selvage/raw denim won't stretch any more than non. It depends on the denim, but I'd be more concerned about sizing correctly for the shrinkage. I've always had best luck TTS on stf 501s...(not sizing up, since they're already slightly oversized to account for shrink).
Originally Posted by Salad
Those look good but no button fly is a deal breaker for me.
Word. Shame, really.
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
Levis site says 9 5/8" front rise. Can anyone who has a pair of 514's confirm this and tell me what the back rise is? Thanks.
Keep in mind that if that measurement is when raw, you'll loose another 1/2" from that.

Fallen Angels

Reaction score
100 bucks for made in china levi's. no thanks.

save for something better.

everybodynobody

Reaction score
So Levi's is making jeans in China now? That sucks. All of the ones I have are made in Mexico.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have trouble with the rise of 514s. They feel too low. Maybe it's just because I'm used to 501s.

Aspen20

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
I have trouble with the rise of 514s. They feel too low. Maybe it's just because I'm used to 501s.

It's not just you. I find it too low as well. Now if only I could find a decent pair of jeans with the cut (and price!) of the 514, but with the rise of the 505...

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
505 is like the Mall Dad version of the 501. Stay away from the 505.

wcarson89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
505 is like the Mall Dad version of the 501. Stay away from the 505.

haha i bought my dad a pair of dark 505 for christmas. I tried to talk him into a pair of 501 but he didnt want button fly.

mr. burns

Reaction score
my dad is 505 4 life.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought 505 and 501 were identical cuts, just change the fly?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads