• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Glen plaid BlazerSuit - Your thoughts

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

I was at my tailor for a fitting and found this glen plaid cloth in the H & S book. I thought of getting a DB suit made but am now also considering a SB suit with 3 patch pockets in which the jacket and trousers can be used separately.

What are your thoughts.

Camera phone picture
4329240209_d552284019.jpg

PS: I hope this is a glen plaid rather than a POW since I still haven't been able to tell the difference

Thanks for looking

Tarzan

Reaction score
Let's see if I have learnt something from this forum
smile.gif

I think this is a PoW because it has the blue overcheck. Did I get it?

neyus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarzan
smile.gif

Wrong.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
PS: I hope this is a glen plaid rather than a POW since I still haven't been able to tell the difference

PoW is a sub-set of glen check, so if you just say 'glen check' you'll be correct whether it's PoW or not.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarzan
smile.gif

Originally Posted by neyus
Wrong.

Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
PoW is a sub-set of glen check, so if you just say 'glen check' you'll be correct whether it's PoW or not.

Thank you all but can can I have your opinion / thoughts of how this cloth would look as a BlazerSuit

E.Said

Reaction score
I am envisiging something that is very "Landed Gentry" if that makes any sense.

A blazer out of it might be okay although a whole suit might be a little much.

Just my opinion though.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually I was looking for a cloth for a SC only. I was looking forward to seeing the 3rd cloth from the top in this pic.
HS567.jpg
But in reality it turned out to be much more greener rather than olive IRL so I passed.

koolhistorian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Actually I was looking for a cloth for a SC only. I was looking forward to seeing the 3rd cloth from the top in this pic.

HS567.jpg

But in reality it turned out to be much more greener rather than olive IRL so I passed.

Is not too heavy for Indian weather? If you want some nice PoW, the Dugdale Brothers are doing some nice mohairs in a less weight.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dugdale is not available in India. Also I dont think 110z is too heavy for India. We only wear suits liek 3 months of the year during which I prefer to be toasty rather than cold. The cloth I went to see was the 15oz Gamekeeper Tweed quoted in above post.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am now begining to wonder if this H & S cloth would be too similar to the LP cloth I am getting a SC made in.

The H & S cloth
4329240209_d552284019.jpg

The LP cloth

28122009120.jpg

28122009121.jpg

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
BlazerSuit by definition can only be navy. Blazer = navy.

You would simply have a glen plaid suit that you 'might' be able to break up into odd jacket and trousers. To me, that pattern seems like it should stay a suit. And with flap or besom pockets. I prefer the LP for a sport coat.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
BlazerSuit by definition can only be navy. Blazer = navy.

You would simply have a glen plaid suit that you 'might' be able to break up into odd jacket and trousers. To me, that pattern seems like it should stay a suit. And with flap or besom pockets.

Didnt realize BlazerSuit was specifically for navy blazer with matching trousers. The whole idea of getting a suit I can break up comes from the premise that a glen plaid can work as a pair of odd trousers. And if I got the jacket with 3 patch pockets I will be able to get double mileage from the suit.

Originally Posted by Parker
I prefer the LP for a sport coat.

I am already getting the LP made into a SC. I was at the tailor for a fitting of the same.

Thanks for your input

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
A splittable plaid suit may not be a bad idea, but I think it would be hard to do in practice. Great jacket plaids are too large to be suitings and great suiting plaids are too small to be jacketings.

The LP above is definitely just a jacket. The H&S is definitely meant to be a suit.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Are you going Jheeta?

- B

Jheeta is in Delhi, India ?

My tailor is Vaish in Delhi.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads