• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

CodeRed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CodeRed
Picked up a white Brutale last week
smile.gif

*gasp* a brutale! That is my dream streetfighter bike. Such a sexy bike. Which one did you get? 910R, 910S, or the new 1078

910R, seems like the best balanced and there are smoking deals on them only slightly used...cant describe how incredible it really is, you must ride one.

bubbleboys

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CodeRed
910R, seems like the best balanced and there are smoking deals on them only slightly used...cant describe how incredible it really is, you must ride one.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pick yours up for? I remember new they were like $17k or something like that which is a bit too much to be spending on a bike considering how much I make.

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Suh-weeet... I bet that thing revs a little high.

LOL. Yeah it does. It really won't pull much at all under 6K RPM. Redline is 10K RPM. It makes an amazing whine when your up there too and when you back off it growls.

Bubbleboys,
I've only had it for about 6 mo. and it had been really well maintained. It must have been garaged it's entire life. I'm the third owner. I drove down from SF/Bay Area to Santa Barbara with a trailer. Loaded it up and drove back home the same day. Totally exhausting but worth it. Paid 2K. It's got it's dings but it's 35 years old so it should have dings!

KnowYourRights

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Salad
The sun came out so I took the bike out for a quick spin and to get some gas.
1975 Honda CB400F.
bike2kj.jpg

Great looking machine. I have a '73 CB350 I was supposed to build for the wife. But it's been sidelined. She lost interest, and I use my garage time to work on my Brit bikes.

Nice to see some old bikes 'round here.

bubbleboys

Reaction score
I've only had it for about 6 mo. and it had been really well maintained. It must have been garaged it's entire life. I'm the third owner. I drove down from SF/Bay Area to Santa Barbara with a trailer. Loaded it up and drove back home the same day. Totally exhausting but worth it. Paid 2K. It's got it's dings but it's 35 years old so it should have dings!

definitely looks like the previous 2 owners before you really loved and took care of her. 2K for a bike that well maintained? I'm not familiar with the pricing on older, more vintage machines but IMO seems like you got a really great deal. For a vintage bike (at least in my mind it is) that well maintained, I would have imagined it going for $3k maybe.

Then again, I know nothing about the pricing regarding more vintage/classic bikes. Either ways, looks real clean and beautiful.

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
knowyourrights,
Build that 350! Regarding Brit bikes, it be really nice to own Triumph Bonne or Thruxton or a Norton Commando. Old bikes may not handle like modern bikes but they're still fun and get a lot of attention.

bubbleboys,
I'd been searching for a '75 for awhile when I saw this one. The guy wanted $2,300 or something like that. We started to talk and then he found a buyer but that deal went south. I happened to call him back shortly after that and I guess he just wanted to deal with someone who had cash in hand so he came down on price as long as I agreed to pick it up that weekend. The guy had the original packing sheet and registration from the first owner and a bunch of other paperwork plus he had all the work done at a Honda dealer and included the receits. He would only buy OEM Honda parts. He spent $300 on the new seat just before he sold it to me. I feel like I got lucky with this one.

KnowYourRights

Reaction score
knowyourrights,
Build that 350! Regarding Brit bikes, it be really nice to own Triumph Bonne or Thruxton or a Norton Commando. Old bikes may not handle like modern bikes but they're still fun and get a lot of attention.

I don't know about that...I keep up pretty well on my Norton.
smile.gif

I'll probably get rid of the 350. I've already got 3 running bikes. Don't really need another one.

CodeRed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bubbleboys
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pick yours up for? I remember new they were like $17k or something like that which is a bit too much to be spending on a bike considering how much I make.

pm me for that info..less than you might think

hayzum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KnowYourRights
I don't know about that...I keep up pretty well on my Norton.
smile.gif

I'll probably get rid of the 350. I've already got 3 running bikes. Don't really need another one.

Keep the 350 I say, would be a shame to let go of it mate. I have pre-war Norton, BSA, Triumph in the stable but that hasn't keep me from getting rid of the RD 350, 400 and Royal Enfield 550. Reliable bikes are hard to come by these days.

In fact my goal this year is to add one more. I rode the B120 Wraith when I was in Dubai and the experience was nothing short of phenomenal.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 1999 VFR800, it is great but a bit heavy around town. Just bought a Ninja 250 for scooter duty although lately I've been thinking I'd rather have a Ducati Monster or Honda Hawk instead of the 250.

Probably can't confine it to just one.

Oddly enough, despite the horrid beak, the new Ducati Multistrada 1200 is looking good - seems like an ideal all-rounder.

For sportbikes? Aprilia RSV4 or maybe the new Norton NRV700 street bike if they ever get that out.

Cruisers? Not really my thing, but I'd consider a Zero-engineering bike.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by akatsuki
I have a 1999 VFR800, it is great but a bit heavy around town. Just bought a Ninja 250 for scooter duty although lately I've been thinking I'd rather have a Ducati Monster or Honda Hawk instead of the 250.

Probably can't confine it to just one.

Oddly enough, despite the horrid beak, the new Ducati Multistrada 1200 is looking good - seems like an ideal all-rounder.

For sportbikes? Aprilia RSV4 or maybe the new Norton NRV700 street bike if they ever get that out.

Cruisers? Not really my thing, but I'd consider a Zero-engineering bike.

Is that what we're calling Harleys now?
lol8[1].gif

Still blizzarding up here ...
cold[1].gif

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
Is that what we're calling Harleys now?
lol8[1].gif

Still blizzarding up here ...
cold[1].gif

Nice... and funny enough they are Harleys. But with a nice aesthetic: http://www.zero-eng.com/.

I'll probably bling out my next sportbike - low-shine black with TiN coated parts. Just waiting to see if Aprilia sticks that V4 in a sport-tourer since the new VFR1200 is obviously a human-killing cylon in disguise. Plus it is heavier and gets terrible mileage.

Here's a video of the Norton NRV on the track:

That rotary engine sounds great.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by akatsuki
Nice... and funny enough they are Harleys. But with a nice aesthetic: http://www.zero-eng.com/.

Hmm, that is a stripped down aesthetic -- almost Mad-Maxish in a way.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Still considering/contemplating/wishing first bike. Still interested in Vstrom/Multistrada but budget-wise Vstrom 650 is probably where I'm headed. Seems like it's still the all-around adventure/touring price to performance leader.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Still considering/contemplating/wishing first bike. Still interested in Vstrom/Multistrada but budget-wise Vstrom 650 is probably where I'm headed. Seems like it's still the all-around adventure/touring price to performance leader.

I think most of the reason bigger, litre engines are popular is the I4 config just doesn't have torque at the low end otherwise. That and it doesn't cost much difference to make a small displacement and a large displacement bike and a large displacement bike has a bigger margin of profit.

The v-twin config just has more usually and feels better from a stop. Obviously I am partial to V-fours since you get the power and torque in equal measure, but since motorcycles are relatively primitive (especially by car standards), you take what you can get.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads