• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
P2021658.jpg

P2021657.jpg

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
DSCN0524.jpg

best light my Rockers have probably seen as far as photos go.

shaftoe

Reaction score
Kent: I think chunkier shoes would be better there. Those chukkas look nice but something with a little more weight would balance you out more effectively. robbie: Rockers are looking good.

otter

Reaction score
Kinda funny that Otter said my fit was less hipster considering there's nothing more hipster than a smiths shirt.
nothing hipster about your jacket and boots/shoes

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shaftoe: i feel ya. I was going to get my substitute teacher permit, however, so I thought I would 'dress it up.' More rugged boots would be appropriate, however.

avery, they are:

TOJ A-2
Vintage Gingham Button up
Nom De Guerre TTS 34 denim, olive/shell color (on sale at Tres Bien)
Opening Ceremony Desert Boots (bought on B&S)

mpcec

Reaction score
Great fit shoreman, is that an NdG sweater?

Smahatma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Money
Opening Ceremony Desert Boots (bought on B&S)
Do you know what season they were from? Last season's brown leather was textured/pebbled leather rather than smooth.

JKISSI

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Nice Chrono, living in a colder climate has definitely afforded you the luxury to play around more with layering etc. Good stuff! "Nice Black *****".
9/10, the best use of color I've seen in a long time. I also like the non conformist approach to loosely lacing the shoes, it's these details that marks your style! jkissitie
teacha.gif

Thanks a lot Rye!

dougie

Reaction score
Kent: the TOJ bomber is b'dass. What size are you usually and what did you go with?

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Smahatma - aaccording to the tongue on the inside of the shoe, the are AW08 which I take to be Autumn/Winter 08. However, the last desert boots i saw for sale at MSRP were made of deerhide which has that pebbly texture. Deerhide is super strong and reselient so I would have loved to have a pair of those. i think i saw some deerhide brown ones on Tres Bien, sexy.

dougie: I typically get a size large with an interquartile range of [Medium-XL]. But I'm able to fit a large in most labels.

Here are the dimensions i sent drew:
Shoulder to Shoulder Back: 19.25"
Shoulder to Shoulder Front: 18.5"

Collar to Hem Front: 23.75"
Collar to Hem Back: 25.5"
Pit to Pit: 24"
Shoulder to Cuff: 27"

i think the shoulders could have been brought in an inch or so, however.

otter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Money
P2021658.jpg

kent, i have to say that i really like bomber, but imo i dont think the bomber suits your bodytype as its making you look too boxy

the_pole

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ibrock
I've been having a lot of trouble now that I'm buying and wearing more button downs, with knits and tees I can usually just size down if the length allows or buy slim and the fabric's stretch will sort things out. I tried to size down in j. crew's shirts but I'm 6'3 and a Small just wont cut it in length or in the shoulders. I'm also a little bit reluctant to go for some of the expensive BoO type true slim fit shirts because I'm afraid the shoulders will be too small, I have a couple H&M slim fit shirts that I can hardly get my arms/shoulders into after washing. I've been thinking about picking up a few uniqlo oxfords (hence the sig) because for that price I should be able to afford having them tailored.

Your 6'3 and you wear a M ?? Im the same height and a M would fit me like a children's shirt , I wear a L in uniqlo and the sleeves are just right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads