• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesignerValet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Not Carl
chronos smiths t-shirt...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

45rpm
dries
eg
rl
mj

256tziu.jpg

I think you have texture overload. Between the herringbone pants, printed vest, and distressed jacket, there's just a lot to take in. A solid pant that fits better would go a long way toward making this look less contrived.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit on the shirt is a tad short, but rest is good.

Details on those tattoos?

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
been enjoying the different vibes of chrono's and jkissi's last repsective fits. I've been dressing more business appropriate (lace ups, dress pants, tucked shirts) everyday lately, out of necessity (though I've enjoyed it from time to time), but I still vibe more with relaxed, voluminous, less fitted/sharp fits these days.

Kodiak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Nice fit but if you're going to leave the jeans at that length, pull them down so they stack towards the hem and not all the way up to the knee
Oh i'm def working on it, i've only worn them 3 actual days so they're still stiff.

Ibrock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
fit on shirt kinda sucks. and when i say kinda i dont mean kinda.

i'd personally like to see slimmer sleeves. i think it'd look better on you

Originally Posted by Listi
Yeah, christ, that shirt is bad. Jeans look good though.

Originally Posted by snake
Fit on shirt isn't perfect, but I don't think is't terrible. Length is fine, just needs something slimmer.

Originally Posted by Listi
Looks a tad short, baggy, flaring out at the waist, and hulk arms.

Originally Posted by nakedundermyclothes
thats to be expected from j crew, doesnt look bad imo

Originally Posted by jaac
size down the shirt imo, or get it tailored. definately to billowy, an iron might help in the mean time though. rest is fine

Originally Posted by I<3Bacon
He cannot afford to have the shoulders any narrower than they already are.

I've been having a lot of trouble now that I'm buying and wearing more button downs, with knits and tees I can usually just size down if the length allows or buy slim and the fabric's stretch will sort things out. I tried to size down in j. crew's shirts but I'm 6'3 and a Small just wont cut it in length or in the shoulders. I'm also a little bit reluctant to go for some of the expensive BoO type true slim fit shirts because I'm afraid the shoulders will be too small, I have a couple H&M slim fit shirts that I can hardly get my arms/shoulders into after washing. I've been thinking about picking up a few uniqlo oxfords (hence the sig) because for that price I should be able to afford having them tailored.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sup.

02Feb2010.jpg

Muji>Gregory>Marc Jacobs>UT>Garbstore>Hugo

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ibrock
I've been having a lot of trouble now that I'm buying and wearing more button downs, with knits and tees I can usually just size down if the length allows or buy slim and the fabric's stretch will sort things out. I tried to size down in j. crew's shirts but I'm 6'3 and a Small just wont cut it in length or in the shoulders. I'm also a little bit reluctant to go for some of the expensive BoO type true slim fit shirts because I'm afraid the shoulders will be too small, I have a couple H&M slim fit shirts that I can hardly get my arms/shoulders into after washing. I've been thinking about picking up a few uniqlo oxfords (hence the sig) because for that price I should be able to afford having them tailored.

Uniqlo isn't going to work for you dude. I wear small in Uniqlo (well usually) and the length on the arms is too short even on me, and I'm between 5'7"-5'8". Uniqlo was made for the T-rex.

If you do need a proxy though, feel free to PM me but realize I'm in Korea so it'd cost more in shipping than NYC.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by starcrash
4324062691_db97735a7f.jpg

Koto chambray
APC NS
Red Wing GT

Great fit.

Quick question about those tattoos... Were they done by Steve Byrne?

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Aeg, how comfortable are those pants? At least in a few shots they look super fitted through the thighs.
Well here's how both suits fit if I stand like a robot:
213g21t.jpg
They have some elastic fabric in them so they're pretty comfortable actually. I know that the pants especially are too small for me though (in thighs, in waist they are a size too BIG). I don't think it's too noticeable in practice unless I cross my legs or something. The pull on the buttoning point usually isn't that dramatic either but it's obvious that the coat is a little off as well. Overall I'm not really going to ***** about it being that the whole suit cost less than $100 a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads